Jobs at:Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
Friday, April 14 2023
Date Posted:Friday, April 14 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to: Director of Finance and Grants
Department: Finance and Grants
Duty Station: BMF Headquarters – Dar es Salaam
Contract type: Full time
Overall purpose of the Job
The Finance Manager is responsible for the overall management of finance department of BMF. He/she is responsible for ensuring that financial controls are in place, accurate books of accounts are maintained and updated on time for complying with BMF policies and regulations.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Managing and coordinating organization payments to be made to various internal and external clients.
2. Ensure timely posting of all transactions in the systems and undertake monthly financial
3. close procedures.
4. Prepare weekly liquidity position flash report and submit to Director of Finance and
6. Manage the preparation of monthly reconciliations of banks, vendors, Customers, interproject and statutory payments.
7. Prepare and submits periodic project and consolidated financial reports as per the
8. reporting calendar.
9. Prepare quarterly, semi-annually, and annual projects trial balances and related schedules and submit to Head of reporting for financial statements preparations.
10. Support the preparation of Board financial related reports.
11. Facilitate and manage both Internal and External audit assignments.
12. Support in the management of banking relationships and Communications.
13. Support and ensure consolidation of institutional budget and monitor its implementation.
14. Ensure all taxes are properly administered, withheld, and submitted to relevant
15. authorities within the due dates to avoid non-compliance.
16. Support in developing/reviewing financial policies, controls, and procedures.
17. Support and ensure development of the year-end financial statement close process.
18. Support in Managing ERP Project to enhance financial management and other operations through guiding and working closely with ERP Concultants.
19. Performs any other duties related to his/her work as may be assigned from time to time
20. by Supervisor and/or CEO.
Qualifications & Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent, MBA is an added advantage.
2. Certified Public Accountant – CPA (T) or equivalent qualification.
3. Professional experience of at least eight (8) years.
4. Experienced in working with a Non- Government, Government or Private sector entity with multiple financiers will be an added advantage.
5. Strong command of MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
6. Experience with a computerized accounting software such as SAGE 300 ERP, EPICOR or any other program.
7. Analytical judgement, excellent inter-personal skills, and ability to work under pressure – independently, as well as being part of a team.
8. Fluent in English (writing, editing, reporting, and speaking).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
For all interested candidates send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is on Friday 14th April 2023 at 5.00pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.