Finance Manager, Financial Control & Reporting
Jobs at:Melva International Limited
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Monday, May 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for a Manager, Financial Control & Reporting to ensure control over costs, cash and handle regulatory financial reporting.Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Control & Reporting Manager is responsible for preparing business performance reports (including weekly & monthly management accounts); conducting daily, weekly and monthly transaction reconciliations; and designing and implementing internal control structures to record and report on all accounting transactions.
• Able to develop, analyse and monitor operational plans and budgets and recommend corrective actions as required.
• Identify, assess and advise on information required for management decision making. ∙ Provide strategic support to Commercial, Credit, Marketing and Operational Business heads in developing strategy, formulating business plans and budgets, and providing robust forecasts.
• Provide relevant and analytical financial insight to help in the formulation of Company’s business strategy.
• Partner with the business in driving effective cost and investment management. ∙ Provide financial input and co-ordinate the formulation of the Business operating plans/budget and monitor progress towards their achievement, drawing attention to important trends opportunities to maximize earning and minimize risk.
• Undertake the financial analysis of the Business’ monthly performance. Update Business Heads regularly on performance highlighting opportunities and potential risks.
• Assist business in analyzing variance reports and variations from stated strategies at business and segment level.
• Review and monitor the business performance against our policies for Market Risk, Liquidity Management and relevant Regulatory and Statutory requirements
• Undertake regular financial analysis of new and existing products highlighting the impact on business performance and the risks of such products
• Assist in the evaluation of projects which are specific to the various Business Divisions in accordance with Group and local guidelines and actively participate in their implementation
• Enhance financial controls environment through improvement of existing infrastructure and capabilities.
• Ensure adherence and support compliance to International Accounting Standards (IAS), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Group Accounting Policies and Financial Control Policy to ensure strong corporate governance.
• Undertake ad hoc projects as may be required from time to time
• Financial Management
• Understand financial systems design and internal controls.
• Able to prepare financial statements and disclosures for internal and external users and in compliance with regulatory standards.
• Evaluate and adapt financial accounting systems and processes to respond to emerging developments.
• Develop, prepare, analyse and interpret relevant financial information and non-financial performance measures
• Interpret and advise the organisation on reporting obligations.
• Ensure timely month-end closings, reconciliation of general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations
• Regulatory Reporting
• Submit all returns of the company to the regulatory bodies in line with the country requirements and in time as prescribed in the regulations.
• Calculate for Credit Risk, Market Risk as well as Operation Risk.
• Manage data and processes
• Collect and capture financial data that provides eligible collateral to facilitate capital savings and accurate reporting.
• Collect and capture data relating to provisions to facilitate capital savings and accurate reporting.
• Actively assist with the automation of the credit risk and remaining manual sections of the return.
• Ensure smooth transition from manually populating information to using an automated process.
• Manage Internal Reporting
• Responsible for reporting all debt requirements.
• Provide the Management team with MIS reports as required to facilitate the capital management processes.
• Facilitate all other ad hoc reporting requirements in support of business initiatives.
• Management Accounting
• Review of monthly Management Report.
• Ensure the TB balances at all times.
• Periodic checking of the data on the system to identify inconsistencies.
• Review of monthly group reports.
• Attend IFRS queries.
• Deliver timeous commentaries for review to the manager of the business area.
• Balance Sheet Substantiations (BSS)
• Annual review of BSS Policy and other processes.
• Annual review of risk profiling of suspense accounts.
• Arrange BSS Awareness training to cover Reconciliations & internal control issues. ∙ Maintenance of Master Document to ensure that it’s up to date and all accounts have ownership.
• Track all Audit issues.
• Reconciliation review.
• Internal Financial Control (IFC)
• Assist in developing and managing the annual department budget.
• Recommend, monitor and execute accounting policies and procedures and internal controls to ensure proper accounting of revenue and expenses.
• IFC mandate for changes if need be.
• Facilitate External and Internal Audit.
• Ensure external financial reporting and surveys are completed timely, team up with the external auditors to ensure timely response to audit requests and monitor progress for closure of all issues raised on Revenue assurance/leakage reports.
• Ensure issues raised are all resolved or escalated.
• Essential requirements
• Bachelor's degree in accounting required and/or a master's degree in related field from a regionally accredited institution. CPA required.
• 5 - 7 years of experience in applying accounting practice along with detailed knowledge of GAAP regulations required.
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong analytical capabilities; excellent written, verbal, problem solving and communication skills; critical thinking skills, in-depth working knowledge of computerised accounting systems; demonstrated track record as a team player; proven experience with Microsoft office suite product.
• Desirable requirements
• Have a commercial mindset
• Good time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
Skills and Competencies
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
• Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
• Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
• Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to professional personnel in areas of expertise.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.