Finance & Grants Officer
Jobs at:CVPeople Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Monitor financial and management performance within the region, liaising closely with technical and program staff monitoring technical performance.
• Review documentation including monthly invoices, supporting documentation (timesheets, receipts, etc.) and monthly program reports and submit to clients Tanzania head office.
• Prepare and manage an operational budget for company Tanzania and track and monitor activities and expenditures to ensure alignment with budget and work-plans in coordination with the Project Manager
• Prepare financial reports and other documentation as requested and in accordance with company directives.
• As needed, perform/review reconciliations with respect to bank, balance sheet, vendors, inventory etc.
• Coordinate with the Audit team for audits and assist in ensuring that the audit recommendations are effectively implemented.
• Review and perform spot checks and reconciliation for petty cash per company requirements
• Support procurement for project as needed, including reviewing vendor selection analyses from and ensure adherence to procurement requirements
• Prepare project activities, pipeline reports, and budget for compliance with company standards and accuracy.
• Prepare monthly financial reports for submission in accordance with company directives.
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration with 2 yrs relevant experience or Masters in similar field with 1-3 yrs relevant years of experience. CPA, ACA or any other relevant professional qualification is desirable.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in financial management and reporting.
• Minimum of 2 years working experience in grants management with local organizations, including capacity building of management and financial systems.
• Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills.
• Proven proactive skills in identifying cost savings, cost avoidance and efficiency opportunities.
• Ability to develop effective work plan and priorities to meet business objectives.
• Demonstrated expertise in building effective relationship with key stakeholders.
• Familiarity with, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and community-based organizations (CBOs) in Tanzania is highly desirable.
• Cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of key and vulnerable populations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Ability to interpret financial and other quantitative information and reports.
• Good report writing and documentation skills.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work collaboratively, productively and sensitively within a multidiscipline, multicultural and multigender environment
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
• Well-developed computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.