Jobs at:UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, May 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance Associate is normally supervised by a more senior finance colleague who defines general work objectives and provides necessary advice and guidance. The incumbent also refers to UNHCR Manuals and relevant policy papers on financial issues. The incumbent assists with the processing of financial transactions. S/he keeps frequent contact with staff at various levels in the office and with bank officials to exchange information. The incumbent may supervise some support staff. All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCR¿s core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
• Maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, payments, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions and reports.
• Select and enter data from a wide variety of documents, verifying accuracy by checking sources, making necessary calculations and assuring inclusion of all relevant data.
• Prepare recurring reports as scheduled and special reports as required for budget preparation, audits or other reasons.
• Advise and assist staff members, experts and consultants on all aspects of allowances, salary advances, travel claims and other financial matters, calculate and authorize payments due for claims and services.
• Maintain liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange and interest rates, changes in procedures and regulations and matters pertaining to maintenance of office bank accounts.
• Prepare detailed cost estimates and participate in budget analysis and projections as required.
• Initiate correspondence to verify data, answer queries and obtain additional information on accounts and financial transactions, as required.
• Verify that the financial transactions are correct and in accordance with UNHCR rules and procedures.
• Perform other related duties as required.
• Education & Professional Work Experience
• Years of Experience / Degree Level
• G6 - 3 years relevant experience with High School Diploma; or 2 years relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher
• Field(s) of Education
• Not applicable
• Certificates and/or Licenses
• Accounting Business Administration, Finance
• (Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
• Relevant Job Experience
• High level of IT affinity (MS Office applications, People Soft).
• Knowledge and work experience of MSRP Finance applications.
• Good knowledge of UN/UNHCR Financial rules and procedures.
• Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to the functions of the position.
• FI-ERP Financial Management (SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Workday and other)
• IT-Computer Literacy
• IT-Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
• (Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
• Language Requirements
• For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
• For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
• For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://public.msrp.unhcr.org/psp/RAHRPRDX/EMPLOYEE/HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=2&JobOpeningId=37029&PostingSeq=1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.