Vacancy title: Finance Assistant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Deadline of this Job:
13 October 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Finance Assistant. If you are looking for a fast paced cosmopolitan and vibrant business environment, SICPA Tanzania is the right place for you.
• The incumbent will be stationed at our Tanzanian Headquarters in Dar Es Salaam.
• Reporting to the Finance Manager the Finance Assistant shall be responsible for providing relevant, timely and accurate financial data to the business in an effective and efficient manner in order to help make sound business decisions whilst ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and requirements.
• Performing transaction processing by collecting customer and vendors invoices, posting all invoices into the system, ensuring invoice approval is obtained, posting invoices for vendor payments, reconciling vendors and customers record tally with general ledgers details.
• Performing associated reconciliations by checking that regular ledgers and journals into the system by making sure they are in order with no errors or inconsistencies
• Follows up debtors’ payments by sending follow up notification for outstanding invoices and tracking customer account receivables records with SAP
• Establishes manual journal entries by adjusting wrong records of costs in SAP system and between bank systems
• Runs batch recordings in the financial information system by checking consistency and unusual items to track and restore documentation problems and discrepancies
• Prepares and completes closings in fields of activity by closing the accounting period according to agreed check list and calendar to avoid that future transactions are recorded in a period that has been reported on
• Establishes requests by creating new bank, vendors, etc. to maintain an accurate and complete master data item list
• Prepares and collects documentation to be provided to auditors
• Treats issues related to supplier accounts by reviewing transfer of costs
• Customer service delivery – ensuring timely issuing purchase orders, proforma invoices, invoices, receipts and confirmation of payments with customers.
• Ensuring accurate posting of all transactions in the accounting systems, for instance SAP
• Communicates any relevant issue by escalating appropriately to get advice, guidance, or treatment of unusual situations
• Ensure timely and accurate preparation of daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting as directed.
• Assist in ensuring accurate maintenance, recording and reconciliation of fixed assets register as well as safeguarding company assets
• Assist in preparing forecast, financial simulations and specific analyses and reports in consultation with the relevant executive team members.
• Track actual performance of the company (sales and expenses) and share reports to finance manager for review and approval.
• Assist in ensuring 100% compliance laws and regulations issued by regulators Tanzania Revenue Authority, WCF, NSSF, HESLB etc., by processing statutory payments timely and accurately.
• Assist in ensuring strong internal controls over financial reporting and financial management to minimize exposure and resolve audit queries.
• Any other duties as will be assigned by the line manager.
• Finance Assistant Job Opportunity at SICPA
Knowledge and skills:
• Bachelor’s degree majoring in Accounting or its equivalent.
• Pursuing Intermediate or Final Stage of Certified Public Accountant-CPA (T) or ACCA professional exams.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Finance, Auditing and Accounting activities including Vendors or Receivable management, Financial Reporting, Taxation from service company or audit firm.
• Knowledge in Computer System and Applications, mainly SAP.
• Intermediate knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Intermediate knowledge of Tax laws and regulations
Skills and Capabilities
• Excellent Analytical skills
• Good knowledge in office automation tools like excel spreadsheets
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Good Communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Strong risk and financial analysis skills
• Creative and Proactive
• High level of integrity
• Hands on, business awareness and customer oriented
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.