Finance And Administration Manager
Jobs at:GLAMI mentors secondary school girls
Deadline of this Job:
27 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• GLAMI mentors secondary school girls in Tanzania to complete their education, develop into confident leaders, and transform their own lives and their communities. We equip girls to overcome challenges and reach their full potential because educated girls create lasting positive change. The outcome is proactive, resilient, and socially-responsible girls who secure better jobs, raise healthier families, and increase the standing of women in society.
• To learn more about GLAMI, please visit our website at www.glami.or.tz
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (1 POST, ARUSHA/KILIMANJARO REGION)
• The primary responsibility of this position will be to provide leadership on planning and managing organization's financial and administrative resources. This Manager will be responsible for overseeing the organization’s financial management, reporting, and forecasting, as well as its national administrative activities. The Manager will also oversee the planning, training, quality control, and monitoring of the administration staff as well as to provide technical assistance to the rest of the staff in implementing and complying with financial and administrative procedures, to ensure compliance with regulations.
The Finance and Administration Manager is a full-time renewable contract position with GLAMI Tanzania, reporting to the GLAMI Director of Operations. This position will serve three regions, Arusha Kilimanjaro and Morogoro.
Duties & responsibilities
• Prepare and manage the organization budgets and cash flow
• Monitor the Organizations budget and ensure that the budget overruns do not occur. This means coordinating with lower-level managers and employees to verify that expenses are acceptable.
• Keep track of all spending and produce quarterly and yearly statements.
• Regularly update managers of other departments within an organization about the financial state of their departmental budgets.
• Work with the finance and administration assistant to complete all organizational bookkeeping, payroll, and financial record keeping, both via QuickBooks and physical files.
• Provide assistance to other managers/staff in office and project budget preparation.
• Prepare financial statements and other financial reports
• Present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
• Collate financial reporting materials for all funders and partner’s segments and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
• Ensure financial records and backup documentation is ready and adequate for internal and external audits and oversees regular internal audits and end of year financial audits.
• Prepare and submit reports and filings in compliance with local government laws.
• Oversee the Finance and Administration Policies and Manage Risks
• Ensure development, update and dissemination of all necessary policies, procedures and internal controls for finance and administration.
• Ensures compliance and consistency with the organization’s policies and procedures, as well as compliance with the terms and conditions of the agreements with funders and other partners across all regions.
• Participate in scheduled and random internal department audits and analyzing department financial data
• Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the Finance Committee of the Board of Directors; assess any changes necessary.
• Ensure that the organization’s policies, procedures and internal controls are relevant and compliant with requirements of funders, local and national laws.
• Ensure that committees (Finance, Human Resource, and Procurement) for internal control are properly constituted, meet regularly and their recommendations are implemented.
• Manage the Procurement Process and Safeguard Organization’s Assets
• Develop and maintain an asset management system.
• Follow and enforce the organization's procurement policies and procedures.
• Monitor inventory of office supplies and the purchasing of new material with attention to budgetary constraints.
• Ensure an updated insurance policy for all organization’s assets at all times.
• Ensure proper allocation of both financial and non-financial resources and enforce the internal control put in place to control wastage/misuse.
• Facilitate the implementation of the organizational activities
• Provide direct supervision and leadership to administration staff including performance evaluations, regular feedback, and facilitation of training, coaching and mentoring.
• Oversee travel arrangements for staff, both domestically and internationally;
• Manage all organizations offices to ensure a safe, healthy, and professional work environment.
• Oversee IT systems, including hardware and software, to ensure strong functionality to optimize staff efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitate other departments in implementation of their activities.
• You have the right cultural fit to work with the team at GLAMI if you are passionate about girls’ Education and have a genuine desire to inspire others and to act as a role model for Tanzanian girls
• A Female CPA (T) holder with a minimum of three years of experience in accounting and finance (after being certified); Experience with accounting for non-profits is an added advantage.
• Working experience with QuickBooks multi-currency accounting software.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Practical problem-solving skills and ability to suggest options and alternatives in challenging situations
• Excellent oral and written English and Kiswahili Language
• Knowledge of Tanzanian relevant legislation and accounting regulations.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
Job application procedure
Note: These positions are only open to Tanzania females. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. Kisa Alumnae who have successfully done a Leadership Immersion /2 Day Challenge are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please submit a resume and a one page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application is 27th January 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.