Finance Analyst – Africa region
Jobs at:Nature Conservancy
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 30, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The ideal candidate should have exceptional communication and collaboration skills and experience in management of controls and reports of a business unit. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team!
Responsibilities to include:
• Prepares financial reports and analysis for programs that compare budgets to actual results, while recommending corrective action as appropriate.
• Supports and proactively informs leadership team on overall performance of the program and projects revenue, expenditure, cash, and net asset position.
• Supports program managers by monitoring and reporting on the spending rates of restricted and unrestricted funding to ensure proper burn rates are sustained.
• Lead the management of private awards, ensuring compliance with donor and other contractual requirements, timely reporting and close out of awards.
• Lead the financial review of programs during quarterly program review meetings. Present program financial performance using Power BI reporting tool, highlight performance from revenue and expenditure perspective, awards spending, identify and discuss areas for attention and action with program managers.
• Supports the Associate Director or Finance on fiscal year budgeting process. Consolidates the program and operation budgets, and presents various analysis reports to the budget committee.
• Collaborates with conservation, development, external affairs and grants teams on budget development, funding proposals and fiscal program planning.
• Monitoring budgets and Awards performance and provide observations.
• Manage private awards grants out portfolio for grants <$300,000 in collaboration with Finance Specialist and supervises the Finance specialist.
• Ensures Indirect Cost is fully recovered from all public and private awards and transferred to relevant General & Administrative projects prior to year-end close.
• Builds program managers’ capacity on budgeting, financial reporting, and monitoring tools.
• Reinforces consistency in the organization’s policies and procedures and provides support related to relevant field.
• Performs any other finance tasks deemed necessary for the smooth operations of the finance department.
What You’ll Bring
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 4 years’ related experience or equivalent combination.
• Professional certification such as a CPA or ACCA.
• Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
• Experience in manipulating, analyzing and interpreting data with a mastery over formulas for handling complex tasks.
• Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel includes Pivot tables, advanced conditional formatting , VLOOKUP, Index match , data analytics and simulations
• Experience with complex relational databases. Knowledge of Microsoft’s Power BI application is an advantage
• Experience in full cost budgeting.
• Experience in supporting multiple projects in various locations and/or countries.
• Demonstrated innovations in financial systems and tools.
• Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.
• Multi-lingual skills and/or multi-cultural experience appreciated.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of current trends in budgeting, financial reporting, and analysis.
• Demonstrated use of modern technology in providing financial solutions.
• Demonstrated high level of integrity and trust.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply for job ID 52069, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/ . Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact email@example.com.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.