Finance – Senior Associate
Deadline of this Job:
20 January 2023
Date Posted: Monday, January 16, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Description & Summary
Bring your experiences. Grow your skills. Make your mark. Our community of solvers is ready to apply your expertise in new and unexpected ways. You’ll be empowered by a career that’s flexible, human-led, tech-powered and purpose-driven.
At PwC, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. We’re a passionate community of solvers working together in unexpected ways to create solutions that untangle some of the world’s most complex problems. We combine perspectives and technologies to create new solutions, and help our clients build trust and make a lasting difference. We’re a network of firms in 152 countries with 327,000+ people who are committed to delivering quality in Assurance, Advisory and Tax services.
A career in Finance will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning, data analysis and reporting. You’ll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, maintaining accurate ledger accounts, reconciliation of various accounts, compliance with statutory tax requirements and periodic reporting locally and regionally.
PwC Tanzania invites applications from qualified candidates for the position below:-
Finance - Senior Associate
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to: -
• Incharge of all receivable accounts, sundry debtors and related withholding tax accounts
• Daily update of all collections in Oracle application and prepare debtor reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Prepare all schedules relating to accounts receivable, monitor and report on collections & billings
• Prepare and reconcile Inter-territory debtors list on a monthly basis; communicate the list with the relevant team every period end and actively follow up on all items arising from the review
• Agree balances with all countries according to the ledger balances
• Perform inter-entity reconciliation on supplier accounts
• Prepare bank reconciliation statements on a monthly basis; follow up with the bank & finance team on any unexplained items
• Reconcile withholding tax on the TRA portal against the ledger
• Post all standing orders transactions, bank charges, overdraft interests amounts, etc
• Involved in preparation of monthly operating statement (management accounts)
• Assist in preparation of balance sheet report and take lead in forecasts preparations
• Assist with the annual budgeting process
• Involvement in preparation of financial statements at year-end
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
• Relevant professional qualification (CPA/ACCA)
• 2 - 3 years of relevant experience in the Accounting / Finance field
• Experience with Oracle application will be an added advantage
Desirable skills and attributes
The successful candidates will possess the following:
• Organisational and time management skills
• Communication skills – written and spoken
• Report writing skills
• Strong analytical/problem solving skills and the ability to evaluate a situation in a logical and methodological way
• Collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment
If you are keen to grow your career your own way and to discover how a career with PwC will benefit you, find out more by visiting us at www.pwc.co.tz and apply online before 20 January 2023. Your career path will be unique, diverse, and exceptional as we give you the best opportunities to excel and shine.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.