Early Career Professional
Jobs at:Mott MacDonald
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Over the six-month period, ECPs will have up to three months’ experience in two of the following areas:
• Intervention design (in either: teaching or learning, inclusion, community participation, school management, system strengthening)
• Regional intervention implementation
• Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
• Administration, finance and operations
During the internship, ECPs will work alongside senior members of staff to gain on-the-job experience. They will also attend online and face-to-face training sessions to enhance their learning. Each ECP will be expected to keep a reflective journal of their experience.
At the end of the six months and depending on performance and programme requirements, there may be an opportunity to continue for a further six months in one of the disciplines.
• Fresh graduate or graduate with two years or less working experience
• Must have obtained a minimum of upper- second class degree or equivalent in Education, Social sciences, Statistics/Economics,
• Proactive problem-solver with good timekeeping and communications skills
• Can demonstrate a strong interest in improving education for all.
• Fluent in spoken and written English.
Shule Bora is a UK aid-funded government-led education support programme. It supports the delivery of the EP for R II process nationally and also works in nine regions of Tanzania with technical assistance from Cambridge Education in partnership with ADD International, International Rescue Committee and Plan International.
The programme aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. There are four main outcomes: improving learning outcomes for all children, improving transition rates to secondary schools for girls, ensuring children are safe in and around schools, and helping children with disabilities access quality education.
• works with Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) to test, adapt and implement at scale quality, gender-transformative, disability-inclusive and safe to learn education approaches in 9 regions, generating learning and evidence on how to achieve these outcomes affordably and at scale.
• supports GoT with the timely and effective implementation of the PforR mechanism through technical assistance and capacity building, with a strong focus on data verification, financial management and risk management. Support lesson learning processes from PforR so that these can be embedded into government processes and shared with development partners and other key stakeholders. Ensure that lessons and best practice from (1) are used to inform PfR mechanism.
• manages and coordinates programme activities, with a strong focus on (i) ensuring a high-quality programme, financial and risk management oversight, (ii) working with an independent Learning and Evidence (L&E) provider on establishing regular, rigorous and community-driven monitoring and evaluation activities, and (iii) developing and implementing a strategy for effective communication of Shule Bora objectives, results, and lessons learned to a range of target audiences.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.