Early Career Professional – Finance
Jobs at:Mott MacDonald
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CETL (Cambridge Education Tanzania Limited) is establishing an internship programme through its Shule Bora project. The internship will last for six months (extendable by six months through mutual agreement) and provide the interns with an opportunity to work within Finance department in the programme. This is an exciting opportunity to provide recent graduate with first-hand experience of implementing a large-scale, government-led, education programme.
• Assist with the preparation of bank reconciliation statements and ensure they are checked and approved for submission within deadline.
• Responsible for petty cash management and ensuring regular reconciliation of cash balance for review.
• Responsible for recording cash and transactions into the applicable bank or cash book.
• Ensure records are available for regular checking and are up to date to meet deadline for submission to the UK head office.
• Provide support for payment and disbursement of cash payments e.g., per diems. To produce reconciliation of payment and supporting document for appropriate retirement.
• Assist with the compilation of Vendors’ list and collation of vouchers for batch processing within the financial system.
• Assist in the preparation of all payment vouchers, and cheques and ensure the timely settlement of all undisputed invoices.
• Checking and ensuring that all payment vouchers meet the minimum audit requirement by such as approvals and necessary supporting documentations are available.
• Ensuring tax compliance; more specifically with reference to the withholding tax as per the relevant provisions
• Any other task assigned by the supervisor
• Fresh graduate or graduate with two years or less working experience
• Must have obtained a minimum of upper- second class degree or equivalent in Finance or Accounting
• Proactive problem-solver with good timekeeping and communications skills
• Can demonstrate a strong interest in improving education for all.
• Fluent in spoken and written English
Shule Bora is a UK aid-funded government-led education support programme. It supports the delivery of the EP for R II process nationally and also works in nine regions of Tanzania with technical assistance from Cambridge Education in partnership with ADD International, International Rescue Committee and Plan International.
The programme aims to improve the quality of pre-primary and primary schools in Tanzania. There are four main outcomes: improving learning outcomes for all children, improving transition rates to secondary schools for girls, ensuring children are safe in and around schools, and helping children with disabilities access quality education.
1. works with Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) and the President’s Office Regional Administration and Local Government (PO-RALG) to test, adapt and implement at scale quality, gender-transformative, disability-inclusive and safe to learn education approaches in 9 regions, generating learning and evidence on how to achieve these outcomes affordably and at scale.
2. supports GoT with the timely and effective implementation of the PforR mechanism through technical assistance and capacity building, with a strong focus on data verification, financial management and risk management. Support lesson learning processes from PforR so that these can be embedded into government processes and shared with development partners and other key stakeholders. Ensure that lessons and best practice from (1) are used to inform PfR mechanism.
3. manages and coordinates programme activities, with a strong focus on (i) ensuring a high quality programme, financial and risk management oversight, (ii) working with an independent Learning and Evidence (L&E) provider on establishing regular, rigorous and community-driven monitoring and evaluation activities, and (iii) developing and implementing a strategy for effective communication of Shule Bora objectives, results, and lessons learned to a range of target audiences.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute.
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust.
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy.
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs.
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae(CV) with email address, telephone number, copies of relevant certified certificates/testimonials, and names of three professional referees. Applicants are also required to submit application letter explaining why they should be considered for the job through the address below:
Media Council of Tanzania,
PO Box 10160,
Please send your application through post or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is November 15,2022.
MCT is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, youth and any other groups are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.