District NRM Financing Advocacy Consultant
Jobs at:Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
Deadline of this Job:
25 April 2022
Date Posted: Monday, April 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RTI is seeking a District NRM Financing Advocacy Consultant to provide technical guidance and facilitation support to district-level governments in Kigoma, Uvinza, Nsimbo and Tanganyika DC districts to develop NRM financing guidelines. These guidelines will outline the types of investments that the districts will support with the funds they receive from various sources, including fines and national budgets, and set a minimum earmark of own-sourced funds to be re-invested in NRM activities.The Consultant will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and the RTI/LCWT Project Manager, and the anticipated period of performance is from late April through early July, 2022.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with LCWT staff to design a facilitation process to work with District Economy, Works and Environment (EW) committees to develop district-level guidelines for financing NRM activities.
• Develop plans for sensitizing the district EWE committees and other district officials about the important contributions NRM makes to district own-source funding, and the need for investment to preserve this source of funds for future activities.
• Pilot sensitization activities and facilitation process in Kigoma by engaging appropriate District committees (e.g. Finance and Administration; EWE Committee) and other stakeholders (e.g. Tuungane, TFS, TAWA, TANAPA, village leaders) to develop district NRM financing guidelines.
• Update the facilitation process based on any lessons learned from the Kigoma workshop and roll out the workshops in Uvinza, Nsimbo, and Tanganyika DC.
• As necessary, support the LCWT staff and district officials to move the NRM financing guidelines through the relevant approval process. This may require contact by phone or in person meetings to encourage the process along.
• Produce NRM guideline development workshop notes and drafted NRM strategies for each district.
• Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience, Master’s degree and 8 years of experience, PhD and 4 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of local public sector financing systems in Tanzania.
• Five years substantive experience working with local government counterparts and engaging in district-level advocacy.
• Experience writing facilitation plans and technical reports.
• Demonstrated skill facilitating policy development and dialogue between LGAs and key community leaders and civil society stakeholders.
• Preferred experience in supporting natural resource management policies and initiatives.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken Kiswahili required; proficiency in written and spoken English preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.