Director of Finance & Administration
Deadline of this Job:
04 July 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Director of Finance & Administration
Under the direct supervision of the Managing Director of PASS Trust in Tanzania, the Director of Finance & Administration is responsible for planning, directing, and controlling the financial, human resources and administrative aspects of PASS Trust in line with the Standard Operating Procedures. The person will:
• Oversee and manage the financial aspects of all donor awards to ensure that financial
transactions comply with the requirements and regulations of Tanzania government and donors of
• Develop and manage organizational budgets and day-to-day financial transactions.
• Participate in strategic planning meetings and provide all financial input.
• Design and implement administrative and human resource processes and systems.
• Develop monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports of the administrative and finance
department to be submitted to the Managing Director in a timely manner.
• Develop the administrative and financial aspects of grant applications to be submitted to PASS
Trust's donors and prepare responses to any query that may arise related to the administrative
and financial aspects of the submissions.
• Review financial reports of PASS projects and subsidiary company and provide feedback; ensuring
that they follow financial and administration requirements of PASS Trust and its donors.
• Establish and manage all financial systems to ensure transparency, accountability and accuracy.
• Ensure PASS Trust meets all donor financial and administrative requirements such as budget
preparation and tracking, financial management, and agreement management.
• Generate and present monthly and quarterly financial reports for various internal and external
audiences that accurately account resources expended by PASS Trust.
• Conduct periodic pipeline and burn rate analyses, review of actual expenses, and budget-to-actual
comparisons for the purposes of financial and business planning.
• Apply fiscal controls and compliance procedures within PASS Trust.
• Train staff and partners in aspects related to PASS Trust's financial systems, protocols, or policies.
• Supervise the Finance, Administration, Human Resources, Procurement, and ICT teams to ensure
high performance and support to PASS Trust's and its partners.
• Ensure the effective establishment and implementation of systems for recruitment, orientation
and on-going performance management for all staff.
• Oversee all complex human resource matters including grievances, discipline, terminations, staff
reductions, severance and rewards.
• Ensure that all procurements of goods and services are in compliance with Standard Operating
• Ensure the effective and smooth administrative operations of PASS Trust's offices. • Perform any other duties and responsibilities related to finance and administration as may be
assigned by the Managing Director.
Qualification & Experience
• Bachelor degree in Accounting, or Finance, or Business Administration, Masters Degree: Business
Administration, or Finance, or Accounting will be an added advantage.
• Valid registration of either Chartered Accountant (ACCA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
• Relevant Working Experience 15 years managerial, minimum of 8 years.
• Experience working with International Organizations, donor funded, UN, or financial institutions. Experience working with Audit background is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 204
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.