Deputy Finance Controller
Jobs at:CVPeople Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• To assist the CFO in performing the functions pertaining to the Finance Department and Corporate Secretariat office to support compliance with relevant statutes governing the company. At the same time, the recruit would be required to assist in the smooth functioning of the department.
• Prepare annual financial statements, tax returns, and required regulatory returns as well as oversee the external audit process and effectively manage the Finance team across all the branches.
• Management of accounting systems and external support including month-end close procedures.
• Ensure the integrity of financial data on the chosen IT platforms
• Ensure compliance with accounting and tax-related regulations, laws, and filing requirements.
• Provide accurate, timely, and comprehensive financial reporting to the management team.
• Influence behavior both within finance and the wider business for continuous improvement, particularly in areas such as, claim payments, expenses payments, RI Payments, cash receipts, commission payments, bank reconciliation & RI reconciliation on monthly basis, and WIP management.
• Oversee all accounting procedures, financial transactions and systems used by Alliance.
• Establish, implement and monitor the Alliance’s finance policies and procedures, incorporating both accounting policies and internal procedural controls.
• Support the centralized finance processing operation, driving efficiency through process improvement and standardization.
• Ensure compliance with accounting and tax-related regulations, laws and filing requirements
• Ensure annual audits are carried out effectively and efficiently for all branches ensuring all regulatory requirements are met regarding the company’s financial affairs.
• Assist with the accurate accounting of Alliance’s financial position, including forecasting, management, and operational aspects of profit share.
• Follow, adapt and oversee the process within the department pertaining to payments, and financial controls.
• Manage relationships and budgets of external service providers including tax, audit, and banking.
• Preparation of TRA and statutory returns for timely submission;
• Identify risk areas in the department and raising them timely with supervisor for mitigation;
• Maintaining current accounts payable and accounts receivable;
• Any other duty as may be assigned by supervisor
• Knowledge and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/ Commerce/ Finance/ Insurance & Banking/ Business Administration or related discipline.
• CPA (Tanzania) Qualification (Compulsory)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in a finance role
• Qualified accountant (preferably a financial accounting-focused qualification eg CPA.
• Experience ideally with an audit practice background
• Experience in managing a finance function in a fast-moving, rapidly growing environment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.