Community Mobilizers / Tracers (multiple positions available)
Jobs at:Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU)
Deadline of this Job:
23 December 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit (MITU) based at the National Institute for Medical Research campus in Mwanza, Tanzania is a collaborative research unit of the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine and the National Institute for Medical Research. The mission of the Mwanza Intervention Trials Unit is to contribute to improving health through the development and evaluation of interventions against HIV and other health problems by conducting research, including clinical trials, to the highest international standards; to enhance the capacity to carry out such research in Tanzania and the East African region; and to contribute to the translation of research findings into health policy. MITU is currently collaborating with other international research partners to implement a trial evaluating a single-dose of the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in males to reduce population prevalence of HPV. A large- scale community-based survey will be conducted as part of this trial, and the Unit is now inviting applications from highly motivated and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Position : Community Mobilizers / Tracers (multiple positions available)
• Providing study information to community members.
• Working closely with local government and community leaders and health providers in the study area.
• Locating potential participants in the community.
• At least a certificate in health or community development studies or related field.
• At least one year’s experience in field research studies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Swahili.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants should submit a letter of application together with their CV and copies of all relevant certificates, memberships and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 23 December 2021.
• The applicants should clearly state the job title for which they are applying in the subject line of the email.
• Paper applications will not be accepted.
• Successful applicants for all positions must be willing to be based in Mwanza for work activities and be willing to travel extensively in the Lake Zone Regions
Interviews will be held at the earliest available opportunity and only shortlisted candidates will be notified by email if selected for interview.
MITU is an equal opportunities organization, female applicants and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.