Commercial Finance Business Partner
Jobs at:Save the Children International
Deadline of this Job:
09 December 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Level 2: either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore, a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
• The role of the Financial Analysis and Business Partnering team is to provide quality strategic insight and effective finance partnering to key stakeholders to drive quality financial and business outcomes.
• The role holder will be responsible for supporting the TD/IT Finance team with the production of monthly management accounts, budgets and forecasts, and delivery of data led insight and analysis to drive effective decision making. SCI IT currently provides a portfolio of 15+ shared services and operations globally across SCA, delivering services to all Save the Children Members, through multiple commercial arrangements. This will continue to increase both in scope, complexity and coverage going forward, and already represents a significant element of SCI ITs delivery, income and cost. Working closely with the SCI Global IT function and globally with Member Finance and IT functions, this role will provide commercial finance leadership within the team in this area, taking ownership and responsibility for resource day rate analysis, works orders costing/pricing, annual renewals, member charging and income management along with the associated commercial analysis, advice and management.
• The will be expected to work proactively and independently within the team to ensure the integrity of this area of inter-company spend is managed and controlled, and that the overall commercial viability of the shared services is maintained.
Scope Of Role:
Reports to: Senior Finance Business Partner- TD/IT
Financial and HC Dimensions: Supports budget holders managing budgets of up to $15m.
Staff directly reporting to this post: none
Key Areas Of Accountability:
• Strategic financial management and oversight on the IT activities to gain a greater understanding of the financial performance
• Business Partner with the key stakeholders to uplift overall performance and provide clear financial visibility
• Act as a business partner for senior stakeholders providing guidance, advice and dealing with all finance-related queries
• Understanding the IT recharge operational model and provide advice on what this means for Finance and vice versa
• Provide monthly management reporting and commentary, lead monthly business reviews communicate understanding of overall financial performance (core and leveraged).
• Own the costing and pricing of IT resource day rates for project working within SCI and for member works
• Own the costing and pricing of works orders for all IT shared services, including renewals, profitability analysis, reporting and assessments
• Ensure member charging and recovery is actioned and complete, represented appropriately within budgets and income represented correctly in devolved IT budgets against spend. Provide management reporting on member charging and recovery and provide proactive, meaningful analysis to enable member engagement
• Lead global engagement with Save the Children Member Finance functions, IT functions and other stakeholders on all financial matters associated with IT shared services
• Assist the IT Leadership in the creation, review and reporting of member agreements, ensuring cost recovery is adequately included and that core operational costs are correctly factored into the agreements
• Identify and evaluate financial risks and opportunities relevant to the IT department activities; identify actions to mitigate the risks and exploit the opportunities
• Create a product or service view of the technology cost base and ensure cost recovery across by recharging it to user portfolio
• Work alongside Technology Transformation Lead and TD Finance Lead to identify cost efficiencies
• Provide meaningful financial analysis to support strategic and management decision making for SCI Leadership team and other key stakeholders
• Act as Finance counterpart, working as an equal, and develop the financial acumen of budget holders and TD team members
• Recommend internal process improvement as required, to enable high quality finance support as required
• Support TD projects where required, including the on-boarding of transformation projects into BAU processes (within Financial Analysis and Business Partnering remit)
• Ensure financial and recharging mechanisms put in place to fund the TD/IT activities are donor compliant and ensure proper documentation is available to provide robust audit trail
• Undertake additional duties, supporting other senior Finance staff as and when required
• Provide cover for other Business Partners as required
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children's commitment to safeguarding children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy
Kills And Behaviours (Sci Values In Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, budget holders, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Degree qualified with ACA, CIMA, CPA, or equivalent, or relevant experience
Experience And Skills
• Relevant finance and business partnering experience in an INGO environment.
• Prior experience of commercial finance analysis ideally including costing/pricing and profitability analysis
• Prior close working with a large-scale technology function and able to demonstrate awareness of an IT function and key roles
• Well-developed analytical and business partnering skills. Ability to be proactive and logical in problem-solving scenarios.
• Proven experience in budgeting and forecasting.
• Prior experience working with institutional donor awards.
• Excellent IT literacy including expertise in spread sheet modelling.
• Excellent stakeholder management and strategic influencing skills.
• Ability to liaise remotely with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility, tact and diplomacy.
• Thorough – high attention to detail and takes pride in delivering accurate, high quality work.
• Strong time management skills with an ability to plan ahead, anticipate requirements, and obstacles, and an ability to juggle competing priorities successfully, and to work to tight deadlines.
• Maintains a calm disposition and positive outlook particularly when working under pressure.
• A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment.
• Commitment to Save the Children values.
• Verbal and written fluency in English.
• Knowledge of financial processes and Agresso systems
• Experienced in a multi-currency multi sector finance environment.
Additional job responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
Health and Safety
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.