Business Development Director
Jobs at:Kupona Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Drive development of growth plans, proposals and concept notes for Kupona and our sister organization, CCBRT
• Refine and grow the repository of proposals on maternal health
• Review current pipeline processes and improve go/no-go decisions, build relationships with the EA team finding creative ways of working across time zones and bottlenecks to engage and solicit up to date and current information on the Maternity Wing
• Scan for opportunities to submit applications for funds and build a robust pipeline to deliver on approximately US$2m within 18mo; $10m within 5 years
• Support grant reporting, report writing, and relationship development, including funder management and lead generation as needed
• Identify institutional donor targets and cultivate and maintain leads and relationships
• Support collaboration using Little Green Light Constituent Relationship Management platform (CRM) and keep the CRM up to date across Kupona and CCBRT’s platforms
• Work to analyze and synthesize impact data for the purposes of business/partnership development
• Support issuance of quarterly business pipeline metrics / data
• Conduct proposal specific research for contextual and competitive analyses
• Tailor capacity statements and impact narratives for proposal writing and partner engagement – Support curation of shelf ready theories of change and proposals relevant to CCBRT/Kupona.
• Bringing a minimum of seven years’ experience or equivalent experience plus an advanced degree working in development / resource mobilization, with at least three years working with international colleagues or teams (experience with Sub-Saharan Africa preferred). Undergraduate degree required
• Experienced with resource mobilization and grants management for grants up to US $5M, with: o Proven proposal writing experience and win/conversion rates with strong analytical skills and familiarity with the how-to’s of grant writing and management
• Proven experience in development of logical frameworks and proposal writing o Excellent document editing skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite a must
• Able to deliver quality work on time, including working with tight deadlines, working efficiently with a proactive approach to managing challenges
• Proven track record working with US corporate and foundation donors; experience with individual donors and other types of funders is a plus
• A powerful storyteller and relationship-builder – your approachability, passion and ability to weave a compelling narrative enables you to connect donors in the U.S. to impact opportunities in Tanzania.
• Proven ability to produce high quality content in written and spoken English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English) required; Swahili is an added advantage
• Committed, persistent and creative about how and where to raise money, and prepared to build the relationships necessary to take Kupona and CCBRT to the next level o Excellent relationship-building, communication, and interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop trusting collaborative relationships with colleagues working in other countries
• Comfortable working with multiple and varied levels and types of stakeholders (internal/external)
• Able to and energized by the opportunity to travel to Tanzania at least once a year
• An entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in a less structured environment and is comfortable working remotely
• Passionate about social issues, such as health equity, East Africa / Tanzania, maternal and newborn health, disability and/or poverty alleviation.
• Experience working remotely; able to work efficiently on your own, in your home environment
• Experience managing a CRM preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates, please send a resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line “BD Director”.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.