Jobs at:United Nations Association of Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
10 December 2021
Date Posted: Friday, December 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Tanzania National CSOs Platform for Sustainable Development was founded in April 2015 following a multi stakeholder’s workshop on the transition from MDGs to SDGs held by the United Nations Association of Tanzania in partnership with Africa Philanthropic Foundation.
One of the key outcomes of the workshop was the recommendation to establish a civil society platform to facilitate the coordination of civil society organizations in Tanzania on sustainable development issues, and offer a platform for engagement with the government, United Nations, and other development partners and stakeholders. United Nations Association of Tanzania and Africa Philanthropic Foundation co-convened the established of the platform.
The Platform is part of the National Coordination Mechanism for Sustainable Development which is established by the Ministry of Finance and Planning. Under this role the platform has coordinated CSOs reporting in the National Voluntary Reviews and contributed to the Country report as well as coordinated CSOs contribution to the Five Years Development Plan in 2020.
The platform is voluntary and open platform for civil society organizations in Tanzania to come together, self-organize and self-coordinate to ensure their meaningful participation and contribution towards the implementation, follow-up and monitoring of Sustainable Development in Tanzania. The platform is part of the Africa Civil Society Working Group (AWG) – www.africapost2015.org.
Members of Tanzania National CSOs Platform on Sustainable Development comprise of diverse civil society organizations from grassroots organizations to international nongovernmental organizations and representing different constituencies seeking to contribute meaningfully towards the implementation and follow-up and review of sustainable development in Tanzania.
The platform seeks to document civil society organizations’ contributions in the implementation, follow up and monitoring of Sustainable Development in Tanzania, facilitate the sharing of knowledge, experiences, best practices and innovations emerging from civil society organizations, leverage on available resources in civil society (both financial and non-financial), and facilitate partnerships to minimize unnecessary duplications.
The platform focuses on both Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063, and seeks to contribute towards the joint implementation, follow-up and monitoring of Agenda 2030 and Agenda 2063, while ensuring that the marginalized groups, the furthest, and the poorest of the poor are fully engaged and play an active role in the implementation, and follow-up and review.
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Accountant
Terms: 18 Months with a possibility of renewal
• Responsible for supporting sustainable budgets management as per cash flow projection and in compliance with finance and procurement guidelines
• Monitoring daily communications and answering any queries.
• Preparing statutory accounts.
• Maintain and manage achieving of financial documents to safe guard financial records and audit trails.
• Ensuring payments, amounts and records are correct.
• Working with spreadsheets, sales and purchase ledgers and journals.
• Recording and filing cash transactions.
• Controlling credit and chasing debt.
• Invoice processing and filing.
• Processing expense requests for the accountant to approve.
• Bank reconciliation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Relevant academic qualifications in accounting, financial management, commerce, economics or related field, (A degree in Finance, Business Administration or commerce) and professional certification in accounting would be an added advantage
• Significant knowledge and experience of all core financial management activities including accounts payable, cash management, budget development, Statutory requirements and standard accounts
• Proficiency in numeracy skills and good computer skills (Excel Especially, Word)
• Ability to prioritize work issues to meet deadlines with minimal supervision and adjust to constantly changing situations while maintaining focus on delivery and follow-through
• Good analytical and conceptual thinking skills with proven proactive approach
• Ability to lead and motivate others, strong self-awareness and flexibility
• Ability to work creatively, effectively and under own initiative;
• Keen attention to details and excellent personal communication skills in written and verbal English
Experience: Two years of relevant professional experience in an NGO setting
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.