Jobs at:Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
25 April 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provides support in the implementation of internal controls for processing project-level transactions in accordance with GAAP, MTI Finance Manual, and donor requirements.
• Verify that all payment requisitions have been presented in accordance with MTI checklist
• Review receipts, expenditures, purchase orders, distributions, and disbursement orders to ensure proper cost allocations and compliance with established regulatory standards
• Maintain the cash book and all program vouchers and journals for the accountant to verify before posting to the general ledger, correct any mistakes and batch and file documents according to MTI policy
• Ensure accurate record of cash transactions is always maintained; Monitor expenditure of petty cash and request for replenishment
• Support in preparation of project financial reports by summarizing all the vouchers correctly and submitting according to the MTI policy
• Provide technical support to non-finance staff on financial policies and procedures
• Verify with Operations Department that the asset register agrees with physical assets and complies with MTI policy
• Participate in preparation of annual cash flows and budget requirements
• Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Licenses, & Certifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Accounting) is required.
• Professional certification – CPA/ ACCA will be an added advantage,
• 2 years of work experience in Finance & Accounting
• Knowledge, skills & abilities
• Basic knowledge of non-profit accounting
• Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
Skills and Abilities
• Skilled in using ERP system to process financial transactions
• Skilled in explaining financial procedures to non-finance staff
• A good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to maintain detailed records with high accuracy
• Highly organized with good quantitative ability
• Ability to prioritise to manage competing tasks
• Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
• Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their application letter and CV in either PDF or Word only, including three work related referee to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate your expected salary, current/previous salary, and notice period at the bottom of your CV.
Indicate clearly the position applied for in the subject line” Assistant Accountant”.
Application Deadline: 25th of April 2022 at 1700HRS.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.