Jobs at:Caritas Tabora
Deadline of this Job:
28 December 2022
Date Posted: Monday, December 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Caritas Tabora, in collaboration with OSPREY FOUNDATION and the Catholic Relief Service (CRS) plan to implement a one-year project (January 2023- December 2023) on Awareness Creation to increase Covid 19 vaccination uptake in Tabora, Tanzania. The project aims to increase the up taking of vaccination in two Districts namely Tabora Municipal and Uyui in Tabora Region, Tanzania. The project will deploy generic approaches such as campaigns (door to door and mass campaigns), advocacy, faith-based platforms and service promotion.
Assistant Accountant (1 post)
The successful candidate will work with Caritas Tabora to provide financial technical assistance in the implementation of the Covid 19 vaccine rollout project. He/she will review and process cash advances for partner, & coordinate timely submission of funding reports, expenses reports, and monitor project burn-rate in accordance with CARITAS financial regulation and or CRS guidance, and Tanzania principles.
• University degree in Accounting/Finance/ Economics or Business Management.
• Experiences in the use of Insight systems & mobile wallet systems will be an added advantage.
• At least 3-year proven work experience as financial management & partner financial capacity building in ambitious & complex programs.
• Good understanding & experiences working with faith-based partners (e.g., Caritas,), Government health systems, RHMTs and CHMTs is desirable
• Experience working with donor funded projects implementing advocacy activities.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently.
Desirable Skills and abilities
• God-fearing person
• Ability to work under minimum supervision.
• Good capacity and commitment to work with less privileged groups in remote areas.
• Good computer skills with experience in any of accounting packages such as Quick book tally…
• Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
• Strong strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
• Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
• Proactive, resourceful, and results-oriented
Experience: A minimum of 3 years working experience in similar position.
Age: Between 30 –45 years.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible with day to day accounting and financial management of Covid 19 rollout project and Caritas Office; designing and implementing office financial sustainability strategies; facilitating semi-annual and annual audits; and report writing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are requested to submit their letter of interest, CV, and credentials to the Director of Caritas Tabora by ordinary mails, E-mails or hand delivery not later than 28/12/2022 (see addresses on the header). Kindly note that, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Qualified Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply (indicate PWD on an envelope of your application package).
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com
Timothy P. Chombo
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.