Jobs at:The International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
03 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, and the direct supervision of the Resource Management Officer in Dar Es Salaam, The Admin/Finance Assistant is responsible for providing daily financial and administrative assistance, in particular he/she will be responsible for:
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Verify invoices and documents submitted by suppliers and service providers.
• Ensure all supporting documentation and signatures are obtained before finalizing vouchers.
• After obtaining appropriate approvals, effect payments to suppliers and staff members.
• Ensure all payments are paid on a timely manner.
• Responsible for the preparation of monthly accounting reports and the attachments of supporting documents for the review and certification by RMO.
• Reconcile on a monthly basis all pending vendor accounts.
• Ensure that the bank reconciliation of the various bank accounts and IOM accounts and databases is done in timely accurately.
• According to the projectization process of IOM, distribute the office costs and verify staff costs
• Ensure files of all financial instructions/guidelines issued are maintained and appropriate internal controls are in place.
• Assist with the maintenance of an effective banking system including preparing a monthly bank reconciliation.
• Maintain a filing system for vouchers and all other financial documentation.
• Maintain the petty cash account of the Dar es salaam Office in the absence of Finance Assistant.
• Maintain Attendance records of national staff in Dar es Salaam Office.
• Prepare monthly payroll for national staff.
• Provide Daily Assistance to supervisor in ensuring proper internal controls of finance are in place.
• Liaise with IOM Tanzania staff in the Sub Office and main offices in daily execution of the payments and increasing of efficiency of program implementation.
• Coordinate all accounting issues with other colleagues in the Finance Dept.
• Prepare monthly funding requests for the office.
• Bring the attention of the RMO any relevant financial and budgetary issues.
• Suggest improvements to internal controls and streamlining/efficiencies.
• Provide guidance and training to new junior staff.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Admin/Finance Assistant Job Vacancy at IOM Education:
• Holder of a Secondary School Diploma, with 5 years’ working experience; or bachelor’s degree combined with 3 years working experience in Accounting of Finance or related field.
• Strong Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, word and Outlook.
• Ability to pay close attention to details and work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadline.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with a team of colleagues
• Time Management and planning for accounting cycles
• Able to set up internal record tracking.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
• Previous work experience with an international organization and NGOs dealing with refugees would be strong advantage.
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel and Internet.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required
• Working knowledge of French, Spanish, is desirable.
• The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:Values
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.