Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Monday, March 06, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ifakara seeks a skilled and experienced individual to work as a branch Accounts Officer. The Officer should be able to control all expenditures and check the status of cash flow within the branch. The Officer will be a custodian of all fixed assets over the branch; will control and monitor the accounting systems in the branch; will also manage the budget of all units in the branch and ensure all expenditures are aligned with the approved budget.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Read, check, and verify all Institutional financial documents/vouchers which have been requested for payment if they are properly coded, described and fully supported in accordance with Institute’s policy and generally accepted accounting procedure before getting manager’s approval for payment processing and posting them into ERP Sage 300
• Timely and accurately post vouchers that are properly coded, authorized and fully supported into ERP Sage 300–both Petty Cash and Cheque payment vouchers, receipts, and imprest retirement vouchers for branches’ transactions
• Ensure effective financial controls, implement and maintain appropriate accounting systems, procedures and budgetary controls as per Institute policy and procedure.
• Ensure monthly returns (payments vouchers, imprest, Invoice, retirement etc.) are timely submitted to the Head office after posting whenever needed for other purposes including reconciliations and reporting to funding partners.
• Control and check correctness and accuracy of staff imprest/advance requests and retirement and maintenance of an up-to-date staff imprest accounts and making sure that no new imprest is issued to staff without the previous one being retired and unretired imprest should be recovered from staff salary.
• Check the accuracy of advance salaries and Loan application and making sure deduction is done in liaison with payroll accountant and HR team.
• Check the correctness of claims requested for payments and advice the claimant on the best way to file the appropriate application forms and attachments in accordance with the institute financial procedure, policy and general business best practices.
• Enforce financial control (in liaison with projects’ accountants) on projects’ expenditure to be in line with various funding partners’ requirements including the USAID, EU, SWISS TPH, WELL COME TRUST, WHO, and BMGF.
• Facilitate branch procurement and store system to ensure that they are conducted with best practice in accordance with institute procurement policy and administrative manual.
• Ensure branch fixed assets are safeguarded and well maintained.
• Monitor daily cash inflow (funds from partners and head office) and cash outflow (petty cash, banks, and mobile wallet payment) and check the daily petty cash movement in petty cash ledger book (disbursement and reimbursement).
• Ensure timely payment to the projects’ staff as well as other staff and local suppliers for excellent research and branch operational activities.
• Perform reconciliation for Memorandum Cash Book/General Ledger vs Bank Statement and pass necessary adjustment for transaction rectification.
• Control branch revenue collections, maintain revenue collection register, and prepare monthly expenditure and revenue report for management decision-making and submit to head office for performance analysis of the Internal generated revenue Units, monitoring the submission of revenue Invoices to head office.
• Prepare and review of the branch Institutional Budget and Practicing budgetary control mechanism to respective unit, so as to make sure the unit spent within their respective approved budget by the management and assist on the budgetary reallocation during the reallocation session.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy or Finance; a certification in accounts will be an added advantage.
• At least 2 years working under the NGO setting; processing and managing banks and mobile wallet payments, staff advances and suppliers payments.
• Strong Bookkeeping Skills.
• Experience in accounting system (preferably SAGE 300, Norming and ARUTI)
• Project management.
Skills and Competencies
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong written and oral communication Skills.
• Highest level of integrity.
• Excellent customer service and care,
• Decision making skills.
• An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
• Equal Opportunity
• IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.