Accounts Assistant (Payroll)
Jobs at:Inter-University Council for East Africa (IUCEA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 18, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The main purpose of job: Maintain Account codes in the financial accounting system, processed staff payroll, pay staff salaries, and make payments to suppliers as directed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Process monthly payroll by ensuring that employees are paid salaries by the 24th of each month. This entails updating the payroll by ensuring that all deductions and refunds to staff through the salaries are done.
• Maintain and update staff bank details for salary payments.
• Prepare journal import for posting salaries to sun system.
• Calculate and deposit gratuity for staff on a monthly basis.
• Make payments to suppliers. This entails receiving invoices from the administration office and processing payments, advance payment for life insurance and medical cover check all lodged documents and respective invoices to confirm validity and approval before processing payment.
• Initiate payment vouchers and forward them for checking by other officers.
• Process payments and allowances to staff Including payment of gratuity to staff upon completion of the contract, salary advances and house advances, leave allowance, settlement allowance, Airtime, per diems, imprests and fund for retirement among others.
• Reconcile suppliers accounts, housing, and salary advances accounts, and current accounts
• Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports on outstanding suppliers’ invoices.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Management from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounts, Finance, Business Administration, or Related field with CPA II / ACCA II or relevant accounting certification.
• Minimum of 5 years working in an accounting environment.
Skills and competencies:
Competency in Accounting System SUN, Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Attention to detail and ability to multitask. High level of integrity
Eligibility for applications:
Only applicants from the East African Partner States are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The above position is tenable for a contract of five (5) years renewable.
This position is subject to the application of the Quota System.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
The EAC is an equal-opportunity employer; therefore, female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. EAC will only respond to those candidates who strictly meet the set requirements.
Applicants should not be more than 55 years as the EAC retirement age is 60 years.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The deadline for submission of application forms [https://www.iucea.org/fy2t] to the IUCEA Secretariat is 30th November 2022. Application forms should filled out online accompanied by the following:
• Certified copies of the applicant’s degree award.
• Up-to-date and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae.
• Addresses of three referees, one of which should be of the current immediate supervisor.
• Any other relevant supporting documents
Applications marked “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (PAYROLL).
Complete the online form at this link https://www.iucea.org/fy2t and submit an application and the required documents electronically to the following address:
The Executive Secretary
Inter-University Council for East Africa
P.O. Box 7110, Kampala, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 256 251/2
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.