Jobs at:Good Neighbors
Deadline of this Job:
26 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors is an international humanitarian development NGO founded in Korea in 1991.
It was granted General Consultative Status by the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC). The aim is to make the world a place without hunger, where people live together in harmony. In Tanzania, it was officially established in 2005 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership, and ownership. Good Neighbors Tanzania Mwanza Area Office (GNTZ-MAO) launched its operation in 2009 and our efforts work towards creating an environment where children’s rights are protected and sustainable development of communities through empowerment, leadership, and ownership. Currently, we are supporting two communities in Kome Island in Buchosa District Council and Chifunfu in Sengerema District Council. The project aimed at promoting the accessibility of quality education and health to children from poor families, advocating children’s rights, improving children’s nutritional status, and facilitating children to reach their dreams. Good Neighbors Tanzania Mwanza Area Office is looking for individuals to join our highly motivated team in the following role below.
Position: Accounting Officer
Report to: Administration Manager
Contract Period: Renewable based on performance and fund availability Number of Positions: 1
Perform a variety of activities in accordance with accounting principles and standards to control the organization’s financial resources and ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements. Follow established procedures and guidelines to accurately maintain the organization’s financial records and transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Recording monthly financial report income and expenditures in an Online Quick book file for every week.
• Preparation of the Monthly Execution which comprises (Budget Vs Expenditure etc) and Year End Financial Report every month before the due date.
• Prepare CDP monthly administration budget requests and final spending through Docswave as per Budget Plan.
• Prepare KOICA and CDP Bank payment vouchers (BPV) in a separate number for every project appropriately with supporting documents through Docswave.
• Writing Bank Income Voucher (BIV) for all funds received by CDP for a respective bank account on every month.
• Establish and implement financial procedures in line with organizational requirements.
• Documentation of all KOICA and CDP spending, filling in chronological order.
• Any other related office duties as may be assigned by the authority including finance work.
Logistics and Procurements
• Preparation of the Evaluation Report which was conducted during the tendering process.
• Preparation of contracts and service agreements of different vendors, and regularly checking if there is a need for contract extension or termination.
• Preparation of the Annual Procurement Plan and updates on Quarterly bases (if required) through Docswave by Planning logistical activities through monthly, quarterly & yearly plans & budgets
• Establish a clear procurement plan ensuring that requests are managed effectively ensuring sufficient time is provided to complete all necessary processes
• Manage and ensure all deliveries to each required field are completed effectively and all supplies are accounted for. Manage the delivery of goods/services to GNTZ ensuring the team correctly accounts for all items. Ensure all procurement follows the organizational procurement procedures and all orders are made correctly with the right authorization
• Prepare proper records of Assets and inventory and update disposal Plans as necessary through docswave by using Asset Check Out Request, Asset damages, Theft Report form, Asset /material Request form in the store, and Asset Custodian Form.
• Ensure proper use, monitoring, and supervising regular maintenance and protection of all assets including vehicles, computers, generators, phones, printers/copiers, etc.
• Ensure equipment are adequately and timely maintained, documented (tagged) and usage is in adherence with the guidelines.
• Ensuring that all documents relating to all purchases are filed appropriately and procedurally before submission for approvals and payment.
• Manage office inventory, quarterly update of inventory sheet by making sure are well and properly tagged and report to PM, Manager and Managing Director then submit to HO through Docswave.
Competencies and Qualification
• Bachelor’s or degree in Accounting or Finance, or a similar field of study; Logistics and Procurement skills will add advantages.
• Minimum of 4 years of professional relevant experience with accounting, administration, financial analysis, and finance reporting
• Excellent knowledge and skills in accounting software, Quick Book package, and Excel.
• Excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Excel, MS word, and PowerPoint
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili.
• Ability to prioritize and schedule work
• Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written.
• Team supervision and excellent organizational skills
• Ability to work in an international and multi-national environment.
• Well-organized, and resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
• A team player, flexible, quick-thinking, and able to work well under pressure. (Ability to meet multiple deadlines.)
• Commitment to the Organization’s vision, mission, values, and goals.
• Commitment to abide by Good Neighbors Tanzania Staff Terms and Regulations.
• Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for this post
Mode of Application
Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications with an enclosed Cover letter showing your competence and why you want to work with Good Neighbors Tanzania.
• Most recent Curriculum Vitae containing the complete names of candidates, and active and complete addresses (postal, email, phone); together with names and active contact details of three referees.
• Deadline for application is not later than 26th October, 2022.
• Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted through their active mobile numbers and emails.
• Good Neighbors Tanzania will not be responsible for transport or/and accommodation during the interview, there will be no refund for the expenses incurred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The application should be addressed to Managing Director P. O. Box 367 Good Neighbors Tanzania, Plot No. 493, Block KV, 3rd Floor of the Olympic Petroleum Building located at Ghana Area, Mwanza Tanzania through E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.