Jobs at:Tetra Tech International Development
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accounting Assistant will be responsible for providing maternity cover to the Finance Team for a period of approximately 3 months.
The Accountant Assistant will assist with all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation.
Specific areas of responsibility include financial report preparation, payroll preparation, review and submission to Tetra Tech ARD Home Office, cash flow management.
The accountant assistant will maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with USAID regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocable) such that Tetra Tech ARD policy transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stipulated by the system.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3 years in relevant field or 8 years’ experience of relevant work.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an equivalent position, experience in using QuickBooks accounting software preferred.
• Experience working in a similar position with NGO, business or international organizations is required. Preference for candidates based in Iringa
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply through
ARD.recruitment.TZMUM@tetratech.com with a cover letter and current curriculum vitae (CV) in reverse chronological order format.
Please list the title of the position in the email subject line
• Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
• Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
• Experience delivering services in Tanzania, working successfully within a team environment.
• Professional fluency in English and Swahili is required for verbal and written communication.
• Please note: Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible for this position.
• Previous employees of Tetra Tech with a retrenchment date within two years of the application deadline will be prioritized, per section 25(1)(a) of the code of Good practice (Employment and Labour Relations).
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
• No phone calls will be accepted about these positions.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.