Jobs at:Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS
Deadline of this Job:
03 December 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reports to Finance & Procurement Manager
Job Location Dar es Salaam (TCRS Head Quarters)
Applications Deadline 03rd December 2021
Tanganyika Christian Refugee Service (TCRS) used to be the Field Program of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF/DWS), carrying out a programme of humanitarian, relief, and development activities with refugees and marginalized poor people in Tanzania. However, in 2006 the organization was localized and registered as a Local NGO in Tanzania. The Primary functions of TCRS are to carry out humanitarian, relief and development works in Tanzania. Currently, TCRS works in Humanitarian, Emergency Response, Relief, and Community Empowerment Programs with both refugees and local communities in various parts of Tanzania.
The Accountant/Cashier will be based at TCRS Dar Es Salaam (head Quarters). She/he will be reporting to the Finance and Procurement Manager and shall generally have the following duties and responsibilities:
• Responsible for preparing and maintaining of cash book, petty cash book, petty cash vouchers and handling daily cash transaction of the organisation
• Responsible for preparation of cheques, bank transfer, and other bank transactions to suppliers, consultants, and funds transfer to project are paid on duly authorized payment
• Ensure staff travel allowances and salaries are paid on time.
• Ensure cashbook transactions have the required supporting documents
• Responsible for withdrawing and depositing cash and cheque in the
• Ensure all unused receipts, cheques and other related documents are safely
• Prepare journal entries and post them to the accounting system
• Responsible for reconciliation of project petty cash and Bank account against the general
• Responsible for follow up of staff imprests, salary advances, creditors, debtors, travel allowances records and ensure timely deduction and monthly schedules are reported to the Finance and Procurement Manager on time
• Ensure all statutory deductions are promptly paid and submitted to the respective authority
• Responsible for timely record of income/grants received and issue the required official receipt
• Responsible for preparation of monthly income and expenditure statements and budget comparison and cash flow reports.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly annual, and any other financial reports as required by
• Ensure full participation during preparation of organization
• To perform any other duties that may be required by the supervisor
• Degree in Accountancy (with 2 years of experience) or Diploma in Accountancy (with 3 years of experience).
• Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience using financial Accounting software
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of financial regulations
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Sharp time management skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data
• Analytical Skills: Able to analyze various Accounting issues in relation to the organizational
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
• Attractive and basing on the Current TCRS Salary Structure
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications and detailed CV through: Email to: email@example.com Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated.
Applicants MUST attach their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae.
Application Deadline: 03.12.2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.