Jobs at:Whizz Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Caritas and Development is a Department under the Catholic Archdiocese of Songea, established in 1969 and was officially registered under the societies ordinance1954 in the year 1995. It is a development organization working with urban and rural poor communities in the Archdiocese. Caritas is working in partnership with local organizations through training, awareness creation, capacity building, fundraising, research, lobby and advocacy, and other ways of technical support to strengthen their effectiveness in helping them utilize their resources to meet their basic needs for justice and well-being of everybody.
We are looking for:
Job Title: Project Accountant (1 position)
Reports To: Director Caritas Songea
The accountant is responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures in the office of Caritas Archdiocese of Songea.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
• Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts as per the formats/tools provided by Caritas Songea and or by partner(s).
• Ensure financial records are maintained as per the formats/tools provided by Caritas Songea and or by partner(s).
• Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met as agreed by Caritas Songea and or by a partner.
• Prepare financial management reports as per the formats/tools provided by Caritas Songea.
• Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures as per the formats/tools provided by Caritas Songea
• Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
• Continuous management and support of budget and forecast activities as per the formats/tools provided by Caritas Songea
• Monitor and support taxation issues
• Financial audit preparation and coordinate the audit process as per the formats/tools provided by Caritas Songea
• Fully participate in workshops/training, and meetings facilitated by Caritas Songea and or development partners.
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Caritas staff
External: Caritas partners and other stakeholders
Qualifications and Skills:
• Accounting degree or equivalent
• Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
• Knowledge of auditing practices and principles
• Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
• Competent in working with accounting package preferably QuickBooks.
• Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
• Minimum of 3 years experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation, and providing financial advice while the experience of working with a donor-funded project(s) will be added advantage.
• Ability to work well as a team and independently.
• Good English and Swahili oral and written communication skills.
• Have not been convicted with criminal cases related to child abuse
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.