Jobs at:Total LandCare (TLC)
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, August 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant will perform duties related to the management of the project finances under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and technical support and oversight of TLC Head of Finance and Administration. This is a management position, and the Accountant may therefore be required to perform administrative and communication functions. These may include management of personnel, report writing, presentations, meetings with government and other partners, and any other duties needed to support project management and the achievement of planned results.
Reporting and relationships
The Accountant reports to the Project Manager.
• Maintain records of project funds using donor accounting standards.
• Regularly familiarize with TLC’s financial, HR & travel procedures based on the financial and HR manual.
• Monitor expenditure levels and ensuring that expenditures are in line with the budget and planned activities.
• Prepare monthly statement of accounts to the Project Manager.
• Produce periodic financial reports to TLC Management and donors using a recommended accounting system.
• Provide the Project Manager and TLC’s Head of Finance with timely financial reports and budgets, as well as project forecasts.
• Prepare pre-billing reports for the Project Managers to review.
• Prepare actual costs, working capital, and tax reports.
• Monitor receivable income.
• Issue invoices and purchase orders, as well as pay consultants, vendors, and suppliers for goods and services delivered based on procurement procedures.
• Ensuring a steady cash flow by requesting for funds and liquidating in a timely manner.
• Review accounts related to project assets and expenses.
• Investigate project variances and submit variance reports to management.
• Ensure timely submission/payments of pension, other benefits, taxes, and other returns according to statutory requirements.
• Compile information for internal and external audits, as required.
• Perform any other duties as directed by TLC Management.
We are looking for a candidate with:
• Bachelor's Degree in accounting, or related fields.
• At least 5 years' experience as a project accountant or related experience.
• A candidate with CPA (T) is an added advantage.
• Proficiency in electronic accounting systems.
• Exceptional ability to prepare project budgets, financial forecasts, and tax reports.
• In-depth knowledge of best practices in accounting.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE FOR THE POST
An attractive remuneration will be offered to successful candidates commensurate with
qualifications and experience. The contract is for 12 months renewable yearly based on
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applications including up-to-date curriculum vitae giving names, telephone numbers, physical and email addresses of traceable referees and age of the applicant should be sent in one PDF file to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 12th Sept 2022.
All applications should be
Total LandCare Tanzania
P.O. Box 1911,
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.