Jobs at:John Snow
Deadline of this Job:
10 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, September 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant should be highly motivated, organized, self-motivated and experienced. Under the supervision of the inSupply Finance and Operations Manager, the Accountant will engage in instituting accounting controls, recording and reporting of assets, liabilities and income and monitoring of disbursements of client funds in support of inSupply contracted activities.
• Accounts Payable/Receivable
• Responsible for the day to day accounting including ensuring documentation associated with financial transactions meets inSupply and client requirements, entering transactions into QuickBooks, reconciling advances and projecting and tracking expenditures and accruals;
• Ensure that monthly accounts are generated for each month by the 10th after the previous month ends.
• Ensure all inSupply accounts are reconciled and any variances are explained;
• Update expense tracking file and work with Finance and Administration Manager to generate invoices to clients on a monthly basis and submit by the contractual deadline;
• Enter payments towards invoices and any other revenue, ensuring that it is accounted appropriately in accounting books;
• Ensure all accounting systems in the company meet with the accounting principles and safeguard the resources of the company.
• Supervise filing and updating of financial documents in share point and hard copies in line with finance and office procedures.
• Work with inSupply auditor to prepare and submit year-end audit reports;
• As needed, gather documentation for client audits.
• Cash flow
• Ensure inSupply has sufficient cash on hand at all times for ongoing operational costs;
• Work with Finance and Administration Manager to request advances from clients and track payments for invoices, in order to maintain cash flow.
• Conduct petty cash spots checks and prepare a reconciliation report (Cash held in the cash box & payment vouchers)
• Statutory compliance and taxes
• Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Tanzania revenue authority.
• Process monthly statutory deductions and other staff deductions, in line with the Tanzanian existing laws and deadlines.
• Work with the management team on quarterly updating of the organizational budget.
Essential skills and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field from a recognized university or institution.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA-T) or ACCA qualification.
• Good oral and written communication and sensitive to different communication styles.
• 3-5 years experience in accounting and Finance.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and show discretion and ability to handle confidential issues.
• Strong organizational skills, high level of demonstrated accuracy and close attention to detail.
• Substantial experience with accounting software, Excel, and google workspace.
• Critical thinker with exceptional problem-solving skills, exceptionally motivated, and organized.
• Good customer service skills.
• Exposure and experience of working in a similar role in Tanzania.
• Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Ability to assess and manage risks, ethical.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
This is a full-time position based in Daresalaam, Tanzania. Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Accountant – Tanzania. inSupply shall review the CVs on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. inSupply is an equalopportunity employer. We value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethnic origin, color, race, marital status, or other protected characteristics. Women and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.inSupply does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted using a company’s email address.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.