Jobs at:International School of Tanganyika
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting to the Accounts Manager, the primary function of this role is to contribute to the development and implementation of the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures. Support the department through the collection, processing, recording, reconciliation and reporting of financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation. Maintains complete and proper records of revenue, expenditure, assets and liabilities, and ensures the accuracy and integrity of financial information.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
• Experience: 5+ years' as an Accountant preferably in a School set-up.
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Business/Finance.
• Holder of Certified Public Accountant (CPA); Association of Chartered Certified Accountant(ACCA);
• Be self directed and self
• Be detail oriented, organized and accurate.
• Demonstrates integrity by modeling the IST's values and ethical standards
• Sound decision making, solutions focused, knowledge of child protection and health and safety
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally
• Accepted Accounting Principles. Successful track record of working with stakeholders to develop and maintain effective, open and
• productive working relationships.
• Experience of delivering priorities within strict timelines.
• Ability to promote integrity and business ethics; demonstrate mature judgment, trust and open
• communication; ability to ensure effective team work, collaborative behaviour and team spirit
• Personal Attributes:
• Collaborative team player, empathetic listener
• Integrity and confidentiality
• Intercultural awareness, creative, persuasive
• Strong ability to work flexibly - managing changing and competing priorities and absorbing new
• information rapidly to address complex issues.
• The ability to understand external and internal trends and changes and advise on appropriate
• strategic and operational responses.
• Ability to identify, analyse and take action to effectively manage risk to meet strategic objectives.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate
• complex ideas and information to a range of audiences and stakeholders.
• Strong ability to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels, to work collaboratively to achieve objectives.
• The primary responsibilities for Accountant will be:
• Ledger Account:
• Maintain accounts to trial balance level
• Provide trial balance to the MA within agreed timescales of each quarter end.
• Maintain individual accounts of expenditure incurred against budget and provide to the MA within
• agreed timescales of each quarter end
• Maintain revenue ledger accounts
• Issue invoices to parents as requested by MA (f) Ensure prompt payment of invoices issued; (g)
• Maintain purchase ledger accounts.
• (h) Prepare a routine list of purchased as agreed with MA for approval Banking:
• Complete monthly bank reconciliations within agreed timescales of the month end.
• Maintain bank mandates
• Oversee weekly banking of cash and reconcile cheques and payments received to bank statements on a weekly basis.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Perform any other duties as designated by the Accounts Manager.
Applications and enquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Friday, 03 June 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.