Deadline of this Job:
05 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Interchick is the leading poultry company in Tanzania with fully integrated poultry operations with over 30 years of experience in the poultry sector.
The role requires you to have strong interpersonal skills and analytical and effective communication.
The ability to plan and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines is fundamental
Effective time management of workflow to meet accounting deadlines is critical.
The ability to work without direct supervision, use initiative and possess a positive attitude towards teamwork is critical for the business’s success.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s):
• Accurate and timely posting of purchase invoices
• Preparation of payment vouchers
• Prepare weekly payments and submit them to Chief Accountant for review before close of business every Thursday.
• Timely payments of monthly statutory
1. Posting purchase invoices by reviewing the accuracy of LPOs and GRNs before posting supplier invoices.
2. Process petty cash reimbursements
3. Ensure necessary supporting documents are available before processing payments. These documents include but not limited to LPO, GRN, supplier invoice, supplier statement and GL printout.
4. Enquire statements from suppliers from time to time.
5. Reconciliation of supplier’s statements to our internal GL before processing payment. Supplier reconciliation schedule shall be part of supporting documents when preparing payment voucher.
6. Prepare detailed weekly cashflow forecast indicating the expected receipts and payments. This to be submitted to Chief Accountant every Tuesday.
7. Post all payments processed and ensure they are accurately allocated to respective invoices.
8. For payments relating to rentals, ensure signed lease contract is in place.
9. Ensure all payments subjected to withholding taxes are dealt with accordingly and withheld amounts are remitted to TRA within the stipulated timeframe.
10. Prepare weekly performance analysis of broilers cropped from contract farmers by confirming the accuracy of information to the source documents.
11. Generate weekly aged accounts payable report and circulate to Chief Accountant and Financial Controller every Monday.
12. Process and prepare monthly statutory payments, such as NSSSF, WCF, HESLB, NHIF, PAYE, SDL. These should be paid within the statutory deadlines.
13. In consultation with Chief Accountant and/or Financial Controller, prepare payments relating to corporate tax on quarterly basis.
14. Participate in month end stock take
15. Participate and assist in year-end statutory audits and internal audit review to enhance audit effectiveness
16. Perform any other duties as shall be reasonably assigned to you by management from time to time.
1. The ideal candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from a recognized university.
2. The candidate should have minimum of three years working experience in a busy accounting environment. Having worked with a manufacturing company or fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG) will be added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.