Jobs at:Alliance Life Assurance Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
21 January 2023
Date Posted: Friday, January 13, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Detailed description of the main tasks performed by the job holder:
• To make sure that receipting is done in time and give the receipt to the customer, while the received amount is sent to cashier for banking the same day or at latest the next day.
• To ensure the received amount is posted in the correct code of accounts on the general ledger in order to avoid customer missing services due to wrong posting.
• To check in the bank accounts for any amount transferred via Telegraphic Transfer (TT) and ensure the same being received, posted and approved by CA.
• To make sure that before making payments all supporting documents such Local Purchasing Order (LPO), Delivery Note (DN) duly signed are in place to validate the payments.
• To ensure the invoices after having sufficient supporting are signed by CA.
• To make payments (writing cheques) and give to the Assistant Accounts Officer for sending them for authorization.
• To make sure the authorized cheques are sent to the vendors/supplier by messenger.
• To prepare bank reconciliations.
• To make sure supplier’s statements of accounts are in agreement with our general ledger and preparing schedule for the any amount outstanding for discussion on how to settle the balance.
• To liaise with vendors on the daily operations to make smooth running of the finance activities, such as attending calls from telephone companies on queries regarding payments outstanding.
• To make sure that any reconciliation items are cleared in time.
• To assist in preparing the different account schedules for audit work, such as staff accounts schedules, rent schedules, fixed assets register only to mention a few.
• To attend audit queries, and provide necessary input (such as supporting for the payments made previous) in order to accomplish audit tasks.
• To discuss with CA on how to attend complex issue rose in audit findings.
• To assist in finalizing financial reports.
• Preparation of other reports required by the departmental functions.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual regulatory report (Financial statements) and ensure compliance with the TIRA regulations, IAS and IFRS.
• Preparation, reconciliations and reviewing company’s Fixed Asset Register.
• Prepare monthly Management Accounts & Interpret variance reports and expenditure analyses on a monthly basis.
• Any other tasks that may be assigned by the management.
Education including specialized training
• Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting.
• Masters in Accounting or Finance will be an added advantage.
• Professional Qualification CPA (T) or ACCA is a must.
• Computer skills; Conversant with Microsoft office applications and accounting software packages.
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience, with specific experience in preparation of financials for at least 2 years.
• Experience in the insurance market would be an added advantage.
This role requires an execution oriented individual with:
• Values of the company: Passion; Commitment; High Integrity; Speed and Accuracy; Innovation.
• Good communication skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening)
• Confident with good interpersonal skills.
• A keen eye for detail.
• Assertiveness and self-drive.
• Honesty, reliability and dependability.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently.
• Personal initiative and ability to perform under minimum supervision.
• Team player.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are confident that you match the above-mentioned criteria, please send your detailed C.V mentioning the position in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline to submit your application is 17h00 on Saturday, 21st January 2023. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.