Accountant for Tanzania Private Sector Strengthening Activity
Jobs at:Tetra Tech
Deadline of this Job:
19 August 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Assisting in closing financial accounts and preparing financial statements as part of monthly financial reports;
• Assist with all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are available for effective and efficient implementation;
• Assist reviewing petty cash records/entries and verifying cash counts and monthly reconciliations;
• Ensuring that financial records are up to date and ensuring that documents/ reports/guidelines/Audit files are stored in an appropriate manner;
• Coordinating closely with all project staff to ensure financial matters and finances are managed appropriately;
• Responsible for proper processing of all travel advances and expense reports;
• Maintaining and updating accounting and financial control system in accordance with US Government regulations and Tetra Tech policies and procedures;
• Managing confidential payment of monthly payroll and ensuring timely processing of statutory payments such as PAYE income tax, Social Security Contributions, Withholding Tax, and collection of Tax Credit Certificates;
• Assist preparation of VAT reimbursement claims and obtaining all supporting documentation.
• Responsible for timely recording transactions in QuickBooks and generating periodic/monthly standard reports;
• Ensure transactions are entered and properly recorded in online banking for approval and transfer of funds;
• Preparing receipt and disbursement vouchers and ensuring are properly per project filing policy;
• Assisting in the preparation of budgets, accounting and financial reports, funds requests, statistical and other reports as required;
• Performing other duties assigned by the COP and DAF.
• College degree in accounting, finance or similar field preferred. Relevant experience may be a substitute for the degrees mentioned;
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position;
• Experience in using QuickBooks accounting software preferred. Experience working in a similar position with an NGO, business, or international organization required;
• Previous experience working on a USAID-funded program strongly preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills, capacity to work independently and as a team, integrity and ethics, and organization and attention to detail required;
• Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required;
• Tanzanian Nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.