Jobs at:Watumishi Housing Company
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, March 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Watumishi Housing Company (WHC) is a public entity established in 2013. WHC is a property developer and a licensed fund manager responsible for management of the WHC Real Estate Investment Trust (WHC-REIT). .
Duties and Responsibilities
• To receive/Deposit cash and cheques.
• To issue cheques, petty cash and other payments and issue receipts for payments made.
• To maintain bank deposits slips, receipt book for all transactions and cheque books for all the WHC Bank Accounts.
• To post receipts transactions into accounting system
• To prepare and record all payment vouchers and maintains payment voucher file.
• To prepare and record all credit notes and maintains credit notes file.
• To record all receipts, journal vouchers, debit notes, and petty cash summary and maintains respective file containing those documents.
• Posting of authorized transactions in the system and ensuring that system records portrays true and updated financial position of the company on a daily basis.
• To maintain and reconcile all accounts receivable accounts including amounts due from staff to ensure prompt and regular collection of dues.
• To maintain and reconcile all accounts payable accounts including statutory dues to ensure correct and timely payment for the good and services obtained by company.
• To maintain Fixed Assets Register of the company.
• Compile monthly revenue related reports including reconciliations of sales and VAT returns.
• Generating various debtor related reports and following up for overdue debt.
• Effect periodic financial reports for submission to appropriate authorities;
• To undertake any other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Qualification and Experience
• Possession of Bachelor degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance and Investment, Commerce/Business Administration majoring in Accountancy or Finance or equivalent qualifications from a recognized higher learning institution.
• She/he must have attained CPA (T), ACCA, ACA or its equivalent professional qualifications recognized by NBAA
• Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application, and familiarity with one of the accounting software.
• Good knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Public Sector reporting principles will be an added advantage.
• Possession of one (1) year work experience in a reputable institution(s) will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants please visit: http://portal.ajira.go.tz/index.php/advert/display_advert/3391
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.