Jobs at:Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar 1
Deadline of this Job:
29 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Accountant
The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania obtained a loan from BADEA, Kuwait Fund and Saudi Fund for Rehabilitation and Expansion of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital Project – Zanzibar. The Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly and Children Zanzibar representing the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania intends to apply parts of this loan to finance the management of the Project through the establishment of the Project Implementation Unit (PIU) for rehabilitation and expansion of Mnazi Mmoja Hospital in Zanzibar. The duration of the implementation phase is three years and Operation & Management phase is one year, the project is expected to be completed by the end of 2024. The following staff will be recruited in order to facilitate the Project.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
• Set administrative guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain financial administration and accounting records (including systematic filing of all underlying documentation);
• Prepare financial reports, such as financial management reports.
• Monitor compliance with agreed financial management procedures in the Project.
• Prepare and adjust disbursement plan with the collaboration with other PIU members.
• Assist in preparation of annual budgets.
• Organize annual external audits and act as primary contact with the external auditors.
• Organize the reporting system according to funder rules and procedures.
• Correspond with the bank which hold the project funds.
• Prepare replenishment requests to be sent to the funder;
• Prepare and maintain a result monitoring tool
Requirement and Qualifications – 55% marks
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business finance or similar field;
• Good communication and social skills.
• Excellent computer literacy with emphasis on preparing spreadsheets.
Experience – 40% marks
• At least 5 years of experience in financial management.
• Experience with national accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
• Experience in financial management and has worked in donor funded projects or projects financed by KUWAIT FUND, SAUDI FUND and BADEA would be an advantage.
Language 5% marks
• Excellent knowledge of English and Swahili languages.
• The Accountant will be stationed at the premises of the MOH/MMH /KCH
Period of Performance and remunerations
• The accountant will be a full-time position within the Project. He/she will be offered a 4 years contract with six months’ probation period. Remuneration will be monthly.
The Accountant of the PIU will directly report monthly to the Project Manager.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All Application letter should be addressed to Principal Secretary Ministry of Health Social Welfare Elderly, Gender and Children and must be submitted by hand at the office Procurement and Disposal Management Unit P.O.BOX 236 ZANZIBAR, Ministry of Health, Social Welfare, Elderly, Gender and Children at 09:00 morning up to 3:30 afternoon not less than the day of 29th August, 2021 Late Application will no longer be considered, this application is only for Tanzanian citizen.
• A detailed Curriculum Vitae must be provided on how the requirements specified in this document match the capability, experience and knowledge
• The Application must be submitted on one original and one copy and envelop must be marked “Original” and “Copy” as appropriate. If there are any discrepancies between the original and the copy the original governs. The outer envelope shall be labeled with the submission address, reference number and title of the Post
• The Application must be submitted in the English language or Swahili all required information must be provided, responding clearly and concisely to all the points set out.
• The Application document should comprise of the following:
o Covering Letter;
o An application letter duly signed on all pages by applicant
• Applications shall be evaluated in accordance with the following criteria:
o Comply with required qualifications
o Comply with Experience
o Comply with Language English and Kiswahili
REVOLUTIONARY GOVERNMENT OF ZANZIBAR
MINISTRY OF HEALTH, SOCIAL WELFARE, ELDER, GENDER AND CHILDREN
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.