Jobs at:Health for a Prosperous Nation (H-PON)
Deadline of this Job:
22 July 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Health for a Prosperous Nation (H-PON) is a Local Nongovernmental organization with a vision of a healthy Tanzanian population. The H-PON works to contribute towards the Government efforts via its development agenda of having a healthy Tanzanian population which engages effectively in development efforts and hence reduce poverty and generating a prosperous Nation. The organization Core areas include; Research, Health system Strengthening and Implementation of innovative evidence-based approaches which have the potential of making difference in lives of the people at grass root level. Health for a Prosperous Nation is looking for a suitable qualified Accountant to work at its HQ offices located in Dar es salaam.
Job Title: Accountant
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor Degree in Accounting 6.2 ACCA level I or CPA (Added advantage) 6.3 Knowledge in an accounting packages e.g., QuickBooks, Tally, Sage and ready to learn new packages introduced by H-PON. 6.4 2-year work experience in related field
• Fluent in speaking Swahili & English
• Good Swahili & English writing skills 6.7 Good report writing skills
Roles and responsibilities
• Maintain projects financial management records; (Timely and correct invoicing of HPON Partner’s).
• Review H-PON Accounting Manual and advice accordingly on changes or improvement needed that fits H-PON operations.
• Execute H-PON Accounting Manual.
• Identify and capture all accounting and financial transactions correctly and accurately.
• Prepare transaction source documents.
• Analyze and classify transactions.
• Record transactions by making entries to appropriate accounts.
• Prepare, extract and review trial balance.
• Ensure it is always in balance.
• Prepare adjusting entries to record accrued and deferred amounts.
• Post these entries to general ledgers.
• Prepare financial statements; income statements, balance sheet, cash flow statement, statement of retained earnings.
• File transaction source documents in a chronological and orderly manner for ease of reference or verification against reported figures.
• Ensure timely and consistent implementation of audit recommendations.
• Safeguard and strengthen controls over financial documents and resources to prevent erroneous misrepresentation, misappropriation or forgeries.
• Accurately compute PAYE from staffs’ monthly remuneration, Local Service Tax from staff’s remuneration and NSSF staff and employer contributions.
• Ensure timely remittance of PAYE to TRA & Local Service Taxes to relevant authorities, WCF, NHIF and NSSF contribution.
• Generate timely income reports for managements’ review and decision making.
• Reconcile reported income with expenditures receipts to ensure accuracy
• Process payment vouchers and ensure their proper approval.
• Prepare monthly payroll accurately and on a timely basis
• Ensure proper authorization of payroll.
• Develop and deliver invoices for payments.
• Properly record working advances availed to staff and ensure timely accountability for advances taken.
• Ensure the requisition of items are raised through a formal and documented process and properly approved.
• Work together with Finance Manager to prepare budgets of activities as they arise or as directed by Executive Secretary.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Secretary.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Soft copy of the following should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Thursday 22nd July, 2021: 16:00hrs.
• Cover letter addressed to HR Manager (P.O.BOX 13560, Dar es salaam).
• Current CV
• Scanned copy of Bachelor’s Degree Certificate
• Other relevant field certificates
• Combine all the above documents to be in one pdf document
• Applicants submitting more than one combined file will not be considered.
Closing Date Thursday 22nd July, 2021 (1500hrs)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.