Jobs at:African Union
Deadline of this Job:
28 March 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, March 26, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Help carry out day-to-day finance and accounting activities.
• Engage in the preparation of accounting documents;
• Assist in maintaining and updating financial records;
• Assist to maintain accounting databases by ensuring timely posting of transactions into the accounting software and processing necessary backups;
• Keep records of all financial supporting documents received and ensure their proper filling;
• Assist in the verification of various financial transactions.
• Preparation of payments and ensure proper filling and custody of all payments documents.
• Posting of various financial transactions in SAP system and perform necessary General ledger reconciliations.
• Ensure timely submission, collection and filling of all receipts from suppliers and service providers paid by the Court;
• Assist in carrying out monthly bank reconciliation;
• Assist in monitoring of financial commitments in keeping with relevant allocations and approved financial regulations;
• Engage in production of management account reports;
• Handling of office Petty cash
• Preparation and follow up of the Organisation VAT refunds
• Engage in Internal and External Audit exercises.
• Perform any other related duties as may be assigned.
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education and a Diploma in Accounting or in Finance or in related disciplines.
• A higher qualification in the requested field will be an added advantage
• A minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
• Demonstrate professionalism abilities;
• Concentration and high level of accuracy;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work under pressure in a multi-cultural environment and under minimum supervision;
• Good planning and organizational skills;
• Good communication skills and respect for confidentiality;
• Knowledge of international organizations;
• Knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS)
• Proficiency in one of the AU Official working languages. Good knowledge of at least one other language will be an added advantage.
• Computer literacy (including good knowledge of ERP-SAP and/or S4 Hana).
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Learning Orientation
• Communicating with impact
• Functional Competencies
• Conceptual Thinking and Problem Solving
• Job Knowledge
• Drive for Results
• Innovation and taking initiative
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://jobs.au.int/job/Tanzania-Accountant-Assistant/742278902/#
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.