Accountant – 2 posts
Jobs at:ActionAid Tanzania
Deadline of this Job:
18 September 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The accountant will be responsible for day-to-day general management and administration of the organization’s finance & accounts functions. The post holder works within the framework of International and Local Financial Policies and Procedures manuals set by ActionAid Global Secretariat (GS) and the ActionAid Tanzania (AATZ) respectively ensuring all ActionAid policies & procedures, donor regulations, accounting standards and local laws are complied with at all times.
• Support to design and present for approval Forms and Templates (i.e. financial expenditure tracking tools) and share them with staff and partners.
• Make visits to Local Rights Programs (LRP), partners at National level and LRP levels as per schedule agreed with the Line Manager to ensure that all procedures being carried out are in accordance with the relevant Policies and Procedures and review progress of implementation against agreed work plans
• Review financial information from LRP, implementing partners and for donor funded project for accuracy, and completeness against set guidelines before further transfer fund.
• Verify and input financial information including income remittances, expenditures from the LRPs and partners and other accountabilities into the SUN systems
• Perform reconciliations of subsidiary schedules/records, suspense sundry debtors & creditors accounts ensuring no amounts are held unresolved for undue periods of time
• Review payment requests and retirement submitted to finance to ensure forms have been accurately filled and accompanied by relevant supporting documents, correctly input into SUN System and process payments.
• Ensure all online instructions/cheques are accompanied by relevant and approved documents before signoff
• Carry out all bank transactions, submission of bank authority letters, <https://helpfuljobs.info/job/project-accountant-job-vacancy-at-bugando-medical-centre/> collection of bank statements, depositing receipts, and other functions
• Ensure timely preparation of AATZ and donor reports in respective required format and submission Finance Manager for review.
• Prepare and share budget variance reports for each budget unit and follow up for feedback including explanation of variance
• Monitor reporting deadlines and communicate them to all related staff to ensure reports are submitted on time
• Preparation of foreign exchange processing and related bank transfer instructions both local processing and GS related
• Track, update and ensure that all other funds remitted / transferred in favor of the Country Paper are duly documented and posted into the ledger.
• Prepare and process necessary Budget information & data for LRPs, Projects, themes and functions at the Head Office.
• Ensure all period transactions are posted in the SUN system before period closure.
• Prepare for and attend to the needs of internal and external auditors by way of participating in pre-audit meeting, prepare audit schedules as per checklist made available and any other pertinent supporting analysis and provide information requested by Auditors.
• Give guidance to staff in developing proposals and budgets that are realistic and meets all key donor requirements
• Minimum of 3 years work experience in mainstream finance in a busy & reputable institution preferably in the NGO sector *Education
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Commerce or Business Administration or Financial Management with accounting option from a recognized Institution or other related area
• Professional qualification/Membership of a reputable Professional Accountancy body such as Local Accountancy body, ACCA, CPA is a major requirement
• Sound practical knowledge of SUN systems and spread sheet
• Computer literate and ability to use accounting systems, word processing, spread sheet, and, e-mail and Internet.
• Auditing awareness
• Planning, Budgeting and budgetary control
• Asset inventory management
• Payroll processing and management
• Procurement knowledge
• Financial records management & reporting.
Essential Skills & Ability:
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Demonstrated ability in organising and managing priorities
• Sense of confidentiality
• Ability to work under minimum supervision
NB: Applicant must have vehicle driving skills with a valid driving license
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• To apply, submit your updated curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and state your gross salary expectation per month and send to Head of Human Resources Organizational Development & Support Service, through Email: email@example.com
• Closing date: 18th September 2022 at 14.00hrs.
• Please clearly indicate “Application for ActionAid Tanzania Accountant”in your email subject.
NB: Whilst all applications received will be assessed strictly on theirindividual merits, we regret that we can only respond to shortlistedcandidates.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.