Jobs at:Ifakara Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
15 March 2023
Date Posted: Friday, March 03, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research, service delivery and policy translation.
Ifakara is seeking a qualified and experienced Account Officer/Intern. The Intern Officer should be able to initiate all payments, prepare payment vouchers, and be the custodian of all financial documents.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Initiate all payments in the system.
• Prepare the payment voucher for all initiated payments in the system.
• Ensure that all payment vouchers are stamped.
• Ensure that all expenses are located in the proper account code and cost center.
• Make timely payments for all approved requests such as imprest, Per diem through bank and mobile money.
• Initiate the receipt for all unspent amounts and receivables in the ERP.
• Make filling and labeling of all paid vouchers.
• Submit the statutory as stipulated in the URT taxation act timely.
• Ensure that all payments are fully supported and approved.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
• Experience in the accounting system, Accounting and Finances.
Skills and Competencies
• Decision-making skills.
• Communication skills.
• Posting wring skills.
• Computer skills (search Microsoft Word and Excel)
• Confidence and integrity.
• Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Responsibility, Integrity, Respect and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
Human Resources Manager
IFAKARA HEALTH INSTITUTE
#5 Ifakara Street Plot 463 Mikocheni
P.O. Box 78,373
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.