Jobs at:Afro Oil
Deadline of this Job:
19 November 2021
Date Posted: Monday, November 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Accountant (4 Positions). Reports to: Finance Manager. Department: Finance.
To facilitate accurate and timely entry of accounting information (Data) into the accounting system (SAP) and to ensure good corporate financial management within the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities.
• Maintaining the books of account, that is purchases documents/receipts and payment vouchers.
• Preparing month end standard journal entries,
• Maintaining the fixed asset sub-ledger/register.
• Prepare month end bank reconciliation.
• Keep updated with current tax legislation.
• File month end VAT returns, SDL, PAYE, WCF and NSSF.
• File half year and yearly P9 & Pio tax returns to TRA.
• 8. Carry out all daily bank entries posting into the accounting package (SAP) and Reconciliation.
• Posting of all Petty Cash.
• Proper records management including filling and keeping of files.
• Manage all accounting transactions.
• Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable.
• Ensure timely bank payments.
• Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
• Comply with financial policies and regulations.
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience in Supermarket, Transport, Stock Management and Card Systems is an added advantage.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• Minimum of 3 -6 years’ experience in accounting/finance
• Experience with financial reporting requirements
• Certified/Chartered Accountant with NBAA is an added advantage
• Experience with accounting software, like Tally& SAP
• Excellent analytical skills with an attention to detail
• Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
• Computer knowledge e.g. MS Excel, Word, internet and Usage of various software packages.
• Ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
• Excellent verbal andwritten communication skills English & Kiswahili
• Financial management knowledge.
• Reporting Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Time Management
• Data Entry Management
• General Mathematics Skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and Qualified candidates to send their updated CVs through email; email@example.com Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. This position attracts competitive package and remuneration.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.