2 Technical Services Coordinator- Economic Strengthening And Livelihood
Jobs at:The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania (ELCT)
Deadline of this Job:
28 January 2022
Date Posted: Monday, January 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Jobholder will work with CSOs and specifically will strive to integrate evidence based financial literacy modules to empower AGYW and OVC Caregivers to establish and sustain viable Income
• Directly supervise and provide technical support to Livelihood Volunteers (LVs) and Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILVs) in his or her zone
• Provide consistent monitoring, coaching and mentorship support to Livelihood Volunteers (LVs) in the zone and ensure that they master the skills to graduate into Independent Livelihood Volunteers (ILVs) at Councils Team level
• Ensure that LVs provide facilitation support to groups and ensure that 60% of project enrolled caregivers; destitute household members with lower savings levels and interest join the groups.
• Ensure that HAZINA Yetu Groups establish Community Resource Mobilization Committees (CRMC) to map community resources for social protection.
• In collaboration with CSOs, Conduct overarching mapping of economic strengthening service providers in implementation areas
• Work with district-level TASAF to ensure the project is aware of new expansion areas and that TASAF can refer TASAF beneficiaries to ACHIEVE Project Tanzania for screening and enrollment.
• Roll out a Household Financial Literacy and Money Management curriculum to LVs and ensure a quality roll out to HAZINA Yetu members at Councils Team level.
• Lead in conducting market assessments and creation of business networks and learning and sharing cohorts within industry types at Councils Team level.
• Train LVs to roll out a self-assessment tool with mature groups; establish relationships with pro-poor financial institutions.
• Provide continuous supportive supervision to LVs to ensure quality economic strengthening programming through Instruction, Modeling, Rehearsing and Feedback (IMRF) approach at Councils Team level
• Submit timely economic strengthening and youth updates to the Zone Manager for inclusion in the quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports
• Document Economic Strengthening specific lessons learned and best practices for experience sharing and replication
• Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the zone manager.
• Bachelor degree in Business Administration, or economics, Community Development, Community Economic Development (CED), social work etc.
• Strong M&E skills and experience in strategic information
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (Swahili and English) with excellent training skills in working with adult learners, particularly at the community level.
• Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed without constantly or close supervision
• At least two 5-8 years’ experiences in a field position with an organization in public health or OVC programming. Experience in establishment, formation, and supporting community groups, IGAs etc. are preferred.
• Experienced with PEPFAR 3.0 funded project in Tanzania.
• Experience in implementing program and donor regulations, systems, and procedures.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Email your application letter and resume with names of current three references and their contact information before the Application Deadline.
Applications should be sent by email only to the addresses below and should note the position title in the Subject Line:
The 3 Referees: These must include your current employer (if employed), your peer or immediate supervisor, and A same rank colleague or subordinate who can make a honest recommendation or reference for you.
All application should be sent to:
Evangelical Lutheran Church in Tanzania
P.O. Box 3033
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.