2 Buyers posts
Jobs at:Tembo Nickel
Deadline of this Job:
04 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, October 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluate MRP daily, generate purchase orders in a timely manner, resolve material issues/shortages, support responsible inventory management practices and reporting to help achieve KPI goals.
• Negotiate pricing and terms for parts and services and establishes strategic stocking plans and/or blanket purchase agreements with vendors, subject to management approval.
• Manage day to day relationship ownership of active suppliers and assess supplier risk and develop mitigation plans.
• Maintain accurate supplier and part information in SAP/Pronto.
• Acquiring quotations from Third Party and Tembo Nickel vendors.
• Review purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy.
• PO Creation and Transmittal & PO related services for multiple segments of Tembo Nickel.
• Assist in execution of PO changes.
• Delivery follow-ups and PO confirmation with Supplier.
• PO status tracking and expediting.
• PO closeout support during project finalization
• Support sourcing options for non-critical parts (i.e., distribution for standard parts).
• Supervise PO status reports and work to resolve discrepancies
• Support invoice processing via purchasing tools.
• Support Purchasing Master Data efforts like new vendor and material master creation.
Qualifications and Competencies
• Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics Management or Business Administration.
• 5 years of work experience in procurement or as a Buyer.
• Conversant with procurement systems like SAP, pronto etc.
• Excellent analytical and judgment skills. Strategic sourcing, opportunity analysis, and highly effective communication and negotiation skills are essential.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, prioritize appropriately and handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with various cross functional teams.
• Membership of PSPTB is mandatory.
• Excellent knowledge of local content legislation is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.