2 Assistant Project Accountants
Jobs at:Amref Health Africa
Deadline of this Job:
07 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is a non-profit public health organization supporting the Government of Tanzania to address public health issues including maternal and child health, HIV, TB, Malaria and Nutrition in Tanzania since 1987. Amref Health Africa in Tanzania is funded by The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through CDC Tanzania, to execute a robust HIV care and treatment clinical cascade project aiming to accelerate the achievement of the current 95-95-95 goals and the HIV epidemic control in Tanzania. The project branded as Afya Kamilifu Project is implemented in Tanga and Zanzibar since October, 2018, Simiyu Region since 2020. From October 2021 this project will extend its operations to Mara Region covering facility based and community based HIV care and treatment services. Afya Kamilifu project works – in collaboration with and with guidance from the Tanzania Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, Zanzibar Ministry of health and President’s Office Regions Authority and Local Government (PORALG). That said, Amref Health Africa -Tanzania is announcing the following vaca
Position: 2 Assistant Project Accountants (2)
Work Station: Country Office
Reports to: Program Accountant
To provide processing and coordination support to the Program Accountants within the defined area of specialization.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Data preparation and entry; this includes daily data entry from invoices for assigned cost centres, payment and Processing JVs for all MPESA requests, view of purchase requisitions and staff imprest in the ERP and correctly prepare LOE Journal for the respective cost centre on monthly basis
• Managing Creditors, including maintaining an up to date creditors status (matching invoices to LPOs and GRNs, checking correctness and accuracy of the invoices preparation of payment of creditors), ensuring as much as possible all invoices are PO based, exceptions must have approved justification. Reviewing of the creditors accounts and respond to supplier queries
• Managing Debtors; this includes maintaining an up to date debtors status, verifying that staff qualifies for imprest before passing the request for approval, following up with the receipts/invoices for deposits paid, reviewing debtors account and monitoring imprests and perform staff allocation for staff
• Managing Ledgers; such as ensuring inter-ledgers balances are correct for the assigned cost centres, sharing with the Cost centre managers Expenditure by donor report lines (Income and expenditure by donor report lines to use in preparation of the complete report to the donor) by every 10th day of the month and audit trail (Details of every transaction for the cost centre ) by every 10th day of the month
• Audit; to provide audit support to allocated projects, prepare files in advance of audit visits and respond to audit issues and queries as appropriate.
• Grants management; which includes co-ordinating the project’s grants accounting, reporting, compliance and risk management.
• To review and finalize sub recipients budgets, prepare contracts/agreements and follow up on compliance.
• To handle correspondences and matters in regard to grant management in consultation with the Program Accountant, to receive and review periodic grants reports for all sub recipients, liquidate the eligible costs and take relevant action on the expenses rendered ineligible.
• To provide feedback to all Sub recipients on grants performance, to provide technical support and supervise the sub recipients to ensure full compliance with the Global Fund requirements. To provide on-site mentorship to sub recipients and capacity development to them to plan, implement, monitor and report on grants awarded
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required
• The candidate must hold Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting,
• CPA is an added advantage
• Experience handling multi-currency transactions
• At least 4 years work experience in the related field and Experience working with donor funded projects.
• High level of integrity
• Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cash flow forecasting and cost control.
• Skills in analysing financial data and prepare financial reports.
• Strong analytical skills in applying accounting principles of accounting and ensure that best practices are observed
• Knowledge of Federal Government and State financial regulations preferably CDC and USAID financial rules and regulations
• Experience working with Local Government Authorities and PEPFAR funded project
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the criteria given above and interested in the vacancies, please send an application letter and CV combined in as one PDF document indicating your present employer and position, daytime telephone contact, names and addresses of three referees. All interviews will be conducted at Amref Health Africa country Office in Dar es Salaam for shortlisted applicants. To be considered, your application must be received by 16.30 HOURS August 07, 2021. The subject line of your job application email should mention the job position that you are applying as it appears in this advertisement. Failure to do that your application may not easily be retrieved.
All correspondences and applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.