Senior Technical Advisor – Medical Liquid Oxygen (LOX)
Jobs at:FHI 368
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, May 19, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The senior technical advisor - LOX - provides expert technical oversight of the design and implementation of Medical Liquid Oxygen and other sources to selected medical health facilities. The STA-LOX shall lead a team of Technical Office biomedical Engineer and Senior Technical officer LOX to provide guidance and inputs behind the project’s strategies, and work plan activities, to develop the specification for equipment and infrastructure needs of the select hospitals to capacitate them to use liquid medical oxygen (LOX), identify technical assistance needs of the select hospitals to install and maintain LOX equipment and infrastructure, Identify the need and details of the LOX system sustainability plan for target hospitals and support the costing of each item and activity as part of the costed workplan. The biomedical engineer should do the above in accordance with the workplan and in consultation with the facility medical officer in charge, Local biomedical engineers, MoH officials, and key stakeholders such as CHAI and any existing oxygen task force.
• Provide technical leadership at project level in the areas of developing infrastructure for LOX to selected health facilities in different regions within Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.
• Monitor and ensure that the project meets the milestones and targets set for by USAID and in the project work plan, and ensures all activities are conducted in close coordination with the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare and are in alignment with Government of Tanzania standards, protocols, and policies.
• Establish a mechanism that will support the sustainability of LOX systems after USAID support ends. Support facilities to develop LOX sustainability plans in collaboration with the MoH, and key stakeholders.
• Liaise with the Project Director and counterparts within the health system and GoT at national and regional levels to ensure quality service provision in the selected facilities.
• Oversee the development of all regular and ad hoc technical reports and other deliverables.
• Represent the project in relevant technical working groups with Government, stakeholders and implementing partners.
• Maintain excellent Government, stakeholder, creative agencies, and partner relations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Medical degree or Biomedical engineering, Post graduate diploma in monitoring, Biochemistry, Public Health, Epidemiology, Pharmacy, or other related area with 6-8 years of experience in health technological products with focus on medical oxygen.
• Extensive experience with medical oxygen systems, particularly in liquid medical oxygen equipment and infrastructure.
• Knowledge of health and development programs in Tanzania including familiarity with relevant national guidelines, standards, and protocols.
• Familiarity with Tanzania's public health sector at regional, district, and council levels and experience working with these teams.
• Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
• High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
• Well-developed computer skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/Senior-Technical-Advisor---Medical-Liquid-Oxygen--LOX-_Requisition-2022200954/apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.