Information Security Engineer (ISE)
Jobs at:ASA Microfinance
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Work as a core member of Security Operation Center (SOC) and monitor and continuously optimize and maintain the configuration of security tools and ensure data feeds are continually available and trustworthy.
• Provide dedicated monitoring and analysis of cyber security events using a variety of tools and techniques to investigate, navigate, correlate and understand security incidents to Incident response (IR).
• Analyze and detect security threats using threat intelligence-based detection, user and attacker behavior analysis.
• Data mining of log sources to uncover and investigate the anomalous activity, along with related items of interest. Tuning of rules, filters, data feeds and policies for detection-related security technologies to improve accuracy and visibility.
• Processes security incident communications to include initial reporting, follow-ups, requests for information and resolution activity. Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services.
• Analyze and respond to previously undisclosed software and hardware vulnerabilities.
• Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends.
• Create a program development plan that includes security gap assessments, policies, procedures, standards, training and tabletop testing.
• Collaborating with management and the IT department to improve security.
• Documenting any security breaches and assessing their damage.
Academic Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
• BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Information Security, Cyber Security, or IT related fields is required.
• Professional Information Security Certification like CEH. ECSA, LPT, OSCP, CCNA Security, CompTIA Security* will be preferable.
• Minimum 3/5 years of Working experience in Information Security on incident monitoring and detection.
• Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks.
• Technical knowledge on Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), SQL, TCP/IP, computer networking, routing and switching, Programming languages, IDS/IPS, penetration and vulnerability testing, Forensics, Firewall and intrusion detection/prevention protocols, Windows, UNIX and Linux operating systems, Network protocols and packet analysis tools, Next-Gen AV, DLP, Email, Storage, Syslog, Windows Server, Identity Access Management.
• Prior experience detecting, analyzing, and/or responding to security incidents.
• Understanding of common security threats, attack vectors, vulnerabilities and exploits.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Self-starter, Works well in a team environment and independently and adjust to changing priorities, critical and strategic thinker, negotiator and consensus builder.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Renumeration: Attractive salary package will be offered relating to competencies and experiences.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants who consider himself/herself competent with the above-mentioned position, please send your application to email@example.com Or you can drop your Application in Our Head Office at House No. 01, Plot No.87, Serengeti Street, Kinondoni Road, Dar es Salaam before 1700HRS on 30th September 2022.
Only short-listed candidate will be contacted for interview. No phone calls are allowed for inquiry. No allowances will be admissible for interview.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.