Jobs at:RTI International
Deadline of this Job:
02 May 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. The organization provides research, development, and technical services to government and commercial clients in more than 75 countries.
Power Africa East Africa Energy Program is a four-year project working to increase on-grid electricity access, accelerate private sector investment, and improve the enabling environment of the power sector in East Africa. RTI International leads implementation of this Power Africa coordinated program, a U.S. Government-led partnership, funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). RTI International is seeking to recruit an Energy Specialist to be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania under the Power Africa East Africa Energy Program.
The Energy Specialist is expected to provide energy sector technical support to the Tanzanian and regional energy institutions, USAID East Africa, and USAID Tanzania mission in support of Power Africa goals to increase regional trade in Eastern Africa.
The Energy Specialist will support the Power Africa East Africa Energy Program (EAEP) in the following objectives:
Objective 1: Optimized Power Supply: Under Objective 1, the Specialist will support the Tanzania Country Lead to monitor, report, and develop scopes of work for the advancement of generation, transmission, and legal/regulatory activities across Tanzania Electric Supply Company (TANESCO), Attorney General Chamber, Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA), and Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation (TPDC). This activity requires weekly reporting on energy transactions (generation and transmission) in Tanzania and coordination with regional and international staff to advance activities. The Specialist will also manage all workplan activities under Objective 1 at an operational, day-to day level.
Objective 4: Increased Regional Power Trade: Under Objective 4, the Specialist will support the Senior Power Pool Advisor (based in Addis Ababa) in providing operational readiness, capacity building, and other technical support to the regional bodies, utilities, regulators and their ministries to achieve increased regional power trade. The candidate will undertake a combination of technical and advisory work that will require reporting, analysis, writing and presenting.
• Collaborate effectively with the Tanzania and Regional team by providing technical assistance to various stakeholders in the region.
• Draft reports, conduct analyses, and make presentations on different topics that will be serving as deliverables to management, USAID and other stakeholders.
• Assist in coordinating activities in Tanzania.
• Support training and capacity building efforts for various stakeholders including regional bodies, utilities, regulators and ministries.
• Manage sub-contractor responsibilities, timelines, and budgets for delivery of products to clients.
• Support weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to management, including updating of the EAEP transactions tracker.
• Provide project management and coordination support including meeting read-outs, technical reports, presentations, briefings, and other delivera
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Education Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply please click here https://rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com/international/jobs/energy-specialist-%E2%80%93-tanzania-4943?src=JB-10203
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.