Jobs at:East African Community
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Republic of South Sudan and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania.
The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
This is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and result-driven professionals who are citizens of Republic of South Sudan to apply for the following position tenable at EAC Competition Authority.
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (1 post)
Grade : G5
Department : Finance
Job reports to : Registrar
Main purpose of job :
Facilitate the processing of payment for goods and services and ensure that records and books of accounts are complete, accurate and up to date.
Duties and Responsibilities :
The Accounts Assistant shall perform the following functions :
• Initiate preparation of payment vouchers as per the necessaryapprovals.
• Verify payment vouchers.
• Maintain ledgers.
• Update payment records.
• Post payment vouchers into the system.
• Reconcile daily, weekly/monthly accounts.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management fromtime to time.
Qualifications and Experience:
Undergraduate Degree in Accounts or finance, Business Administration with CPA II / ACCA II or relevant accounting certification.
Minimum of 5 years working in an accounting environment.
Skills and competencies:
• Competency in Accounting systems, Microsoft applications including
• Word, Excel and Outlook. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
• High level of integrity
Eligibility for applications:
Following the decision of the 41st Meeting of the Council of Ministers, only applicants from the Republic of South Sudan are eligible to apply for the above position.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
The successful candidate shall hold office for a term of 5 years renewable.
The established posts offer attractive fringe benefits including housing allowance, transport allowance, education allowance, a medical scheme, and insurance cover.
All candidates applying must have qualifications that are recognized by the relevant national accreditation body in Republic of South Sudan. This condition is applicable for locally and internationally attained qualifications.
All professions that require registration with the specific professional bodies will be expected to do so in compliance with the requirements of the Republic of South Sudan.
Relevant Working Experience:
Internship, training and apprenticeship will not be considered as relevant work experience.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the qualification and experience requirements for the above mentioned position are advised to :
• Fill in the application form attached (download from here);
• attach their application letter, a detailed CV, Copies of certified academic certificates , and a copy of National Identity Card or Passport in PDF format scanned in one (1) file.
• Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and envelope.
• For electronic submission, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and send to the address given below.
• Applications should be submitted to the address below not later than Friday, 25th February 2022.
1. You may submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
2. Applications which do not :
• have EAC application form;
• indicate nationality and age;
• have the reference number;
• or have an application letter attached;
• have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional Certificates;
• or fail to provide three referees will be disqualified.
3. Only qualified candidates will be contacted
4. EAC Staff Rules and Regulations preclude considerations of applicants above 55 years of age.
Please note that EAC does not require candidates to pay money for the recruitment process. All invitations for interviews will be done in writing.
A due diligence will be conducted for all successful candidates in respect of their academic certificates (certification by a recognized higher education body in Republic of South Sudan) and employment records .
The Secretary General
East African Community
P. o Box 1096
Arusha – Tanzania.
Tel: +255 27 2162100
Fax: +255 27 2162190
Website : www.eac.int
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.